Nissan CVT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nissan CVT

My wife has a 2008 rogue with cvt car has a little over 80k miles, the book says change fluid at 60k. While I was picking up the fluid at the dealership, the service manager said that the computer has a "fluid life span meter” and its $95 to reset. Is that something that NEEDS to be done?
    Last edited by Russell; June 4, 2012, 07:19 AM.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

There is probably a very simple way to reset it (much like oil life meters on GM Cars). I doubt you'd have to pay $95 to look it up on google

Comment

Originally posted by chevy3100truck View Post
      There is probably a very simple way to reset it (much like oil life meters on GM Cars). I doubt you'd have to pay $95 to look it up on google
      x2, i know theres a way to get around going to the dealer to get the light turned off with bmw's too, so im assuming you can find a way around it with the nissan
      formerly 1988montecarloss, 3198 posts
      http://bangshift.com/forum/member.ph...88montecarloss

Comment

I'm thinking VatoZone may have a free code scanner rental you can walk out, plug in, and erase codes with?
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I have googled a few times, my google must be off on this one. It does not help that most of the nissan forums just talk about there experance at the dealer, seems like NONE of them work on their own cars. Not sure if its a function of being a farly new car or a function of the type of owner.

I have not found any trick ways around. The few usefull things I have read say you need a "CONSULT-II" and the CVT Fluid Deterioration Date should be changed if over 210000. I did a spill and fill last night, I think it drives a lot better now. Don't really care about it telling me when to change. My big question:

Is it there just to know when to change it or is the number used as a parameter in the code of the operation of the trans?
          Last edited by Russell; June 5, 2012, 06:40 AM.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

Who remembers the stickers that were put in door jambs that came in cases of oil.??
            Ahh those were the days.... Change oil? Open the door and look... No code resets or anything ...
            Life was simple then..

Comment

Ah yes and when you could set yer points with a match book...

Comment

Originally posted by Old-Homicide View Post
                Ah yes and when you could set yer points with a match book...
                Ahh. Yup.. Young-uns prolly don't know what a " matchbook" is....

Comment

Nor "points". But I usually used a screwdriver. Anyone still have a dwell meter (mine was lost somewhere in many moves). Anyone under 35 - describe the function of said "dwell meter". Worth a Diet Coke the next time I see you.

Dan

Comment

Hey, I used my dwell meter a month ago to reset the points in my Centurion. It reads the number of degrees the coil charges before firing. I'm 31
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                      Hey, I used my dwell meter a month ago to reset the points in my Centurion. It reads the number of degrees the coil charges before firing. I'm 31
                      You're special...

Comment

I'll happily pay off at Bonneville! See you there (I hope). I'll be back in Impound - which is getting to be a habit.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                          I'll happily pay off at Bonneville! See you there (I hope). I'll be back in Impound - which is getting to be a habit.

Dan
                          I plan on being there
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

trade it in for a normal car

Comment

I wasn't eligible - 47. Dahmit. Still never used the one I have... the last car I had with points was a Vega and since I didn't have a light at the time, I timed it by ear / feel. Only took half a day. lol. Drive, nope, adjust. more... drive.. ping.. nope... less... too much. Finally got it "right" feeling. A buddy checked it once right before I sold it and ironically, it was in spec.

Russell, the scan tool appears to be Nissan specific like GM's is specific to their junk. I found some discussion on TCM reprogramming / flashing and have come to the conclusion that people will squabble no matter what. They Murano guys are as whiny as the BMW guys! lol.

You might see if there are any TCB's for your car that would allow them to reset it under warranty? I doubt it changes anything in the programming, but who knows these days.
                              Last edited by Beagle; June 8, 2012, 03:17 AM.
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X