Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aeration of fuel - is it a real problem or not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have three 1" holes cut into the low angled part of the tank floor to feed the sump. I just guessed when I built the sump and it worked for the carbed application, up to a dominator on a 572. Same A-1000 pump, carb pressure return style regulator. Fuel in the float bowls covers over any brief issues with the pump sucking air. Not so much with the EFI

With the EFI any momentary starvation shows up immediatly. I suspect that the 2/3rds full tank comes from the pump cavitating when the fuel is temporarily pulled away from the outlet fitting under braking. It doesn't happen under acceleration but having the engine die in staging or when slowing after the quarter mile or just a shor burst is dangerous and embarassing. I needed in tank baffeling to control the motion of the overall fuel mass. The new set-up will have that based on input from the Aeromotive guys.
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

So the in-tank baffling is the key then........ excellent. That I have.
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
      X