Brake / shifter interlock ,95 Caprice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake / shifter interlock ,95 Caprice

Well, I started out with a starter motor that wouldn't stop running(even after turning of the car) I assumed it was the ignition switch. Oh by the way it wasn't engaging the flywheel while the motor was running. Anyway I replaced the switch but the starter motor still just would continue to run when i hooked up the battery cable again. So I did what I should have done to start with, I took the starter out. Now it did have a fair amount of gunk on it from a leaky auto tranny line so i cleaned it off.Then took it and had it tested at Autozone and there was nothing wrong with it. Stabbed it back in and it works fine. So.....for some reason it think it was somehow shorting out by the gunk (but I don't know why) Well any ways.....its all back together, but now I cannot get it out of park. I've slid the I think solenoid from the middle adjustment ( where I think it was originally) to both extremes . Car starts but won't come out of park. Any ideas. By the way , I've driven cars all my life without this so, I'm open to a way to defeat this annoyance.Thanks for all ideas.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA
Working...
X