No announcement yet.

Lets Talk G-body Suspension......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yuup all the stuff is still stock susp and stock pick up points. It is legal in all SS classes and X275. I would use a TRZ rear end housing if your serious or a 9 inch because of the upper locations offered not a 12 bolt.
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
      Yuup all the stuff is still stock susp and stock pick up points. It is legal in all SS classes and X275. I would use a TRZ rear end housing if your serious or a 9 inch because of the upper locations offered not a 12 bolt.
      I was looking at a Moser Fab 9, but that TRZ unit is pretty badass, any idea when they will start selling them??

And what do you think about the QA1 shocks and springs that replaced the stock shocks and springs on the front suspension...... You know the one's where the spring beehives down and rides on a spanner ring on the shock housing......

Comment

I already know the answer to the QA1 question and it will no, not if you are serious. And this is just having observed the conversations around G-bodys and A-bodys for that matter.

I made the change from generic DA QA1's on the back to a dedicated AFCO Double adjustables valved for Drag Radial/Cal-tracs w/split mono set-up and my cars weight and the difference was not subtle. That is what got me to 1.40's in the sixty foot times. The front end changes I've made more recently should get me a high 1.3x's which I'll be very happy with given the weight of my pig.

BTW as one of the only people on BangShift stupid enough to try turning corners with the same heap I'm trying make half-fast down the drag strip I can tell you that my road course optimization program consists of simple changes to the shock valving.

Plus reinstalling the front anti-roll bar, changing the front springs, swapping to the big six piston brakes all around and swapping the slush box for the T56 and changing the rear end to a tru-trac 4.11:1 pumpkin.

Simple no?
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Well shit..if that's all you do....

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Your not going to corner with 15X4 rims on the front and your not going to run your fastest times with big bulky rims and tires on the front either.
            But if you need some parts this guy knows his stuff.
            http://dickmillerracing.com/

Comment

Originally posted by skullbucket View Post
              Your not going to corner with 15X4 rims on the front and your not going to run your fastest times with big bulky rims and tires on the front either.
              But if you need some parts this guy knows his stuff.
              http://dickmillerracing.com/
              See this is what I'm talking about there are so many different people that make aftermarket suspension parts for these cars that it's hard to pick which one's to use.......

I came across these guys, they sell their suspension kits according to ET, 14 second kits to 6 second kits, all using the stock G-body mounting points.......

I do like that TRZ uses chrome moly for their parts though........ But their front control arms look kind of weak, IMO.......But then I guess looks can be deceiving........
              Last edited by TC; July 3, 2012, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Yes, I cant bend them, I have seen shocks blown thru them and still not bent.

Comment

Yes, I cant bend them, I have seen shocks blown thru them and still not bent.
                  You got the TRZ front control arms on your car??.... and you feel confident they will hold up to street driving??.....

I'm all for using their stuff, I just want to make sure it's the right stuff for what I want to do, I don't want this car to be a trailer queen, would like to drive it to the places I go........ Just want to make sure their stuff will hold up for the long haul........

Comment

Yes, I have their A-arms I also had them put in F-Body Ball joints so I can use a 1st gen F body spindle and brakes with a Billet Control arm, and their weld in Rack. They know me LOL

Comment

Yes, I have their A-arms I also had them put in F-Body Ball joints so I can use a 1st gen F body spindle and brakes with a Billet Control arm, and their weld in Rack. They know me LOL
                      I want to get some big(14") Baer or Wilwood brakes for it, so would the spindle swap really be necessary?... I was also thinking of going with a drop spindle to lower the car an inch or two..... good or bad idea??...

Also do you run their rear trailing arms?.....
                      Last edited by TC; July 5, 2012, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Id venture to say the TRZ stuff was the only thing Jeff didnt damage on his sky launch.Could be wrong though.

Comment

Here's I'm going to throw this into the mix, I'm going to run 18's drag radial tires, probably from M&H......... I have to do this because of the 14" brakes....... I'm sure this doesn't effect much in terms of the trailing arms, and is going to be more with tuning the shocks and rear springs to get it to work...........
                          Last edited by TC; July 5, 2012, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Anything I've ever seen or bought from hrparts has been high quality. My input...
                            Powertour off/on since 2002
                            sigpic

Comment

TC I think unless you switch to a Dirt of Asphalt "Metric" front end set up.

Other wise they offer way better brake set ups for a F-Body than a G Body and the weight loss at the spindle is a lot. The TRZ A-Arms are made to go straight it has 8* of caster built in. They can also make custom a-arms
                              Last edited by JeffMcKC; July 6, 2012, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X