Coast High Performance (CHP) Stroker Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coast High Performance (CHP) Stroker Kits

These guys have a very catchy website and tons of stroker combinations. www.coasthigh.com

Anyone out there able to share their experiences dealing with CHP?
    Michael from Hampton Roads

site wont open. I bought a kit from a place online for the .060 over 350 (the chevy in me wont allow me to call it a 360 lol). Wasnt really happy that wrist pins and rods were unmarked, so I dont know who the supplier is. For all I know its all the china crap from proform or whatever it is. Most of the sites say they reserve the right to replace brand name parts with what they feel are equal quality. It took them an extra three days to balance the entire rotating assembly, but whether or not it was done I dont really know. Dont see alot of stamps or grinding on the usual places they equalize steel rods. thats all I would verify, but with this malware deal today I am not trying to keep opening that site.

Comment

I have not dealt with CHP, have had good luck with D.S.S bought a 331 Ford kit that worked great and was under 1k

Comment

CHP - Probe Industries - outlet. I bought one in the early 90's when they went 5.315 on rods to get the 347 compression height the same as a 331's and still get the inches without the pin intersecting the oil ring. Ran like a 347..

Good stuff when I bought it. Lots of Chinese-everything-everywhere nowadays but they'll tell you where they get their stuff from.

George Klass spoke to me at length when I bought my stuff, he used to be very very involved in drag racing mustang stuff. I haven't checked in a while but I would not hesitate to put Probe pistons in my junk.

The 460ford.com boards have a lot of posts from one of the guys there about their kits. He's very up front about what you are getting. I will remember his name in a bit, get back to you on that.

When I stroke the 460, that is probably where it will come from. MMFF had a lot of CHP stroker tests, so did a lot of other source interlink rags (even before the SI giant bought them up). Strong enough for some serious dyno tests with a dozen sets of heads on them.
        Last edited by Beagle; July 9, 2012, 05:26 PM.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
        X