Subaru question in old speak.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subaru question in old speak.

My Subaru has what appears to me to be a wobble on what I would call harmonic ballancer. i can of course just try and torque it down, but does anyone know if that bolt has a hstory of comming loose?

The engine was rebuilt with still 20K to go on warranty, but its gonna be a PITA to find the mechanic and I am not optimistic he will do anything anyway. Maybe I can just torque it?

Its been sitting since I heard it and diagnosed that I think is the problem.
    Why dance when you can rock and roll?

Originally posted by patrickth View Post
    My Subaru has what appears to me to be a wobble on what I would call harmonic ballancer. i can of course just try and torque it down, but does anyone know if that bolt has a hstory of comming loose?

The engine was rebuilt with still 20K to go on warranty, but its gonna be a PITA to find the mechanic and I am not optimistic he will do anything anyway. Maybe I can just torque it?

Its been sitting since I heard it and diagnosed that I think is the problem.
    ej engine I assume.
    the old ones had a solid steel pulley.

the other end of engine is flywheel, some claim there is a special spot to put those exactly back on correctly. A boxer shaking a harmonic balancer...that would leave me with a desire to park it as well.

those balanced in confidence, they used to run one bolt down th middle of the solid crank pulley..181 foot pounds 9k rpm. crazy contrast to stuff like this happening.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

What year?
      Seems like I used a LARGE screwdriver (2ft long) to hold the ring gear against the bell housing while turning the crankbolt with a breaker bar/strong arm/whatever your vernacular is. That was on the 82-89, pre-Legacy models.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
        ej engine I assume.
        the old ones had a solid steel pulley.

the other end of engine is flywheel, some claim there is a special spot to put those exactly back on correctly. A boxer shaking a harmonic balancer...that would leave me with a desire to park it as well.

those balanced in confidence, they used to run one bolt down th middle of the solid crank pulley..181 foot pounds 9k rpm. crazy contrast to stuff like this happening.
        tf j2 on sticker.

Its a 1996 Legacy Outback AWD

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
          What year?
          Seems like I used a LARGE screwdriver (2ft long) to hold the ring gear against the bell housing while turning the crankbolt with a breaker bar/strong arm/whatever your vernacular is. That was on the 82-89, pre-Legacy models.
          I have weak left arm ,so it looks like I beter recruit some assistance here. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X