Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dieselgeek
    replied
    Put it this way. I know of a top shop who spent $30,000 over the winter working on a valve seat design that picked up 2hp and this was only for their Stock Eliminator program. Pro Stock is working in even smaller increments, and yes - Pro Stock engines are developed and tested on a Dynamometer.

Just because it's not in someone's post on a mustang forum waiting to be plagiarized, doesn't mean it's not true. It just means that TC doesn't have access to any better data. Wallace Racing calculator? LMAO.

Leave a comment:

• MR P-BODY
    replied
    I dont plan on getting in a pissin match with you BUT P/S cars
    actually play in .001 instead of .01 so figure what it takes then...
    does it figure out to a lesser number.... and those numbers change
    day to day just on the weather... when your on a dyno it makes X
    HP per those conditions of the day

Leave a comment:

• TC
    replied
    Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
    If you dont think so, your kidding yourself..... forget that calculator
    In all due respect, I am forgetting the calculator..... Put it this way I've never seen a car run what a calculator says it will run, the cars always run slower...... So I figure in a perfect world if it takes a prostock about 8hp to increase it's speed by .01 seconds that in the real world it's going to take more than that to achieve that same increase...........

Leave a comment:

• TC
    replied
    Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
    Based on my experience: if *anyone* can show up and bring +5hp to a Pro Stock engine program (density altitude being equal) - that is a relatively huge deal.
    That's what happens when you race dyno's and not cars....... 5hp on a prostock isn't shit........... I just showed you that...... In reality they probably need another 10-15hp(and it might be higher than that) to go .01 seconds faster.......

Leave a comment:

• dieselgeek
    replied
    Based on my experience: if *anyone* can show up and bring +5hp to a Pro Stock engine program (density altitude being equal) - that is a relatively huge deal.

Leave a comment:

• MR P-BODY
    replied
    Originally posted by TC View Post
    Oh wow the google expert actually learned something..... Of course it is a percentage and as you go faster the power needed to go faster goes up........ But hey go ahead and tell me how 5hp in a ProStock is going to make a difference..........
    If you dont think so, your kidding yourself..... forget that calculator

Leave a comment:

• TC
    replied
    Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
    it's a PERCENTAGE of power increase, not a fixed number. I guess whoever wrote the above post didn't include that before it was copied and pasted here. lol
    Oh wow the google expert actually learned something..... Of course it is a percentage and as you go faster the power needed to go faster goes up........ But hey go ahead and tell me how 5hp in a ProStock is going to make a difference..........

Leave a comment:

• MR P-BODY
    replied
    Originally posted by jcharliem View Post
    According to our resident tech expert - TC - a couple of horsepower doesn't make a bit of difference in a 9 sec car. Therefore, based on his "theories" a couple of ponies would mean even less in a Pro Stock ride.
    Being that I'm a bracket racer I dont really care if I didnt find the added HP from every
    little bit.... hell I have the wrong cam in my car now but I do plan on having it re-ground
    but my car is slow... its only 8.90s at 151

Leave a comment:

• dieselgeek
    replied
    it's a PERCENTAGE of power increase, not a fixed number. I guess whoever wrote the above post didn't include that before it was copied and pasted here. lol

Leave a comment:

• TC
    replied
    Originally posted by jcharliem View Post
    According to our resident tech expert - TC - a couple of horsepower doesn't make a bit of difference in a 9 sec car. Therefore, based on his "theories" a couple of ponies would mean even less in a Pro Stock ride.
    Just as an example using the Wallace Racing ET calculator a car weighing 3000lbs with 2003HP would run a 6.66, and a car weighing 3000lbs with 2011HP would still run a 6.66...... So that is an 8hp difference and it still produced the same ET's...... And in real life I would think that number would be higher......... So anyway ya 5HP isn't going to make one god damn difference at their ET/power levels.......
    Last edited by TC; August 9, 2012, 08:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jcharliem
    replied
    Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
    ...they spend countless hours on them looking for
    that last couple of HP at any given condition...

Leave a comment:

• MR P-BODY
    replied
    Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
    My those are pretty. Whose coating did you use? I went with JetHot inside and out all the way through the x-pipe. Pipe Max helped me justify the short stepped primaries I built for mine as that is what would fit and be removable form under the car with out pulling the engine and trans and accomodate the frame clearance tubes and meet the x-pipe. Ideal no, but servicable. What I can't do is fit them on the DTS or Super Flow engine dynos.

Your Rampage just rules, I'm surprised more people haven't built them given how great it looks as you've done it.
    All the headers I make I get coated at QC Coatings here in Mich... they have always
    done me right.... hey, if you cant get the headers on and off with relative ease then
    they really arent worth the headaches... so you do what ya gotta do.... thanks on
    the Rampage.... I got the block back today so I'll have it ready for the dyno Tuesday...
    I dont really care tooo much about the numbers BUT I am curious ... all I want is about
    525-550 hp... just want to be able to run 10.0-10.2

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    My those are pretty. Whose coating did you use? I went with JetHot inside and out all the way through the x-pipe. Pipe Max helped me justify the short stepped primaries I built for mine as that is what would fit and be removable form under the car with out pulling the engine and trans and accomodate the frame clearance tubes and meet the x-pipe. Ideal no, but servicable. What I can't do is fit them on the DTS or Super Flow engine dynos.

Your Rampage just rules, I'm surprised more people haven't built them given how great it looks as you've done it.

Leave a comment:

• MR P-BODY
    replied
    Originally posted by moparmaniac07 View Post
    Like a V8 rampage?
    Yeah, I never did find a aftermarket set.... like I really looked
    didnt have much choice... or my W-9 headers for the
    P-Body
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• moparmaniac07
    replied