Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steel plug in tire

interesting lesson today.
    going over one last plan to brut weld on the rally can...

(photo here in a minute)

the car was violent shimmy from the back right (my version of violent - still quite drivable). that aint right. just over 75...grumbling, bumbling pitter pattering around. I blamed ignition coil that came from outer space. The last 700 mile trip, drive as smooth as glass right into 90+, still under the ratings maximum.

looking over wheel well today, undercoat is onll 3 days old, maine needs 3 months to dry the worlds greatest version..

there it was after brushing my hand off the top of tire. Exactly where I could see it. lucky find, I was going to just keep on driving.

the oddity with this one, is the tire attracts itself to be stabbed to death. 3 plugs in it already, not making much sense. incomplete chemistry I presume. this one started off looking the newest, and now it is the oldest. not even 10k miles..not alignment related. tire just wants to die with itself.

the lesson? the coil finds the steel dangling out off the surface. bounces tire around going to earth ground.

a big ignition can do that.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 8, 2012, 08:51 AM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.
Working...
X