GM RSD stereo questions.. Spidey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM RSD stereo questions.. Spidey?

My girlfriend's 2002 Impala had an issue with the RSD/Stereo/CD/Cassette player where it started eating CD's and then would not eject them. The RSD system is intertwined with the car's computer as you can adjust many of the car's convenience functions through the radio, such as the CHANGE OIL light and the headlamp delay... "Easy enough", I thought. "I'll just swap it out for another stereo."

I went to our local salvage yard and purchased another stereo to replace the defective unit in the car. I got it all hooked up and now it displays "LOCKED" on the screen and none of the functions are accessible. Damn.... I have searched online, but cannot find a method of unlocking the stereo. The best info I have found is I have to take the car to a GM dealer so they can hook up to the computer service port and clear the lock code. I don't really wanna pay dealer labor rates for this seemingly simple fix... is there another way to get this thing operating properly?

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

You have to take it to the dealer and have them program it to your vehicle..... I have to do the same thing to the wife's suburban.......

Comment

Working...
    X