Needing some c6 transmission knowledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing some c6 transmission knowledge

Since I can't seem to find what I'm looking for online, probably just typing in the wrong search words. Anyways, I need to know if 70-71 Mustang c-6 transmissions have a kickdown cable? I've been trying to get my wife's mustang drivable and noticed there isnt one on it. All the references I find on line talk about later bronco and truck c6 s having one. I'm new to working with Fords, so pardon my dumb question.

C6 uses a kickdown linkage, it sticks out the center of the shifter arm on the side of the trans.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

picture...the small arm held on by the nut connects to the linkage that goes up to the carb.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1573.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	863825
      My fabulous web page

Comment

Thanks Squirrel
        With that answered does anyone have any opinions on the Lokar c6 kickdown cables?

Comment

I don't know how you are going to make a cable work, the rod pushes the lever on the tranny when you go to wide open throttle, this is for kick down only, if you are having shifting problems you also have a vacuum modulator on the rear passenger side of the tranny just above the oil pan with a vacuum hose going to the intake manifold, pull the hose off the modulator and see if it has tranny fluid in it, if it does the modulator is bad because there should be no fluid in that line, a new modulator has an adjustment that needs to be done after installation, instructions should come with it.

Comment

Originally posted by tractionloss View Post
            Thanks Squirrel
            With that answered does anyone have any opinions on the Lokar c6 kickdown cables?
            I don't. If you can use a mechanical linkage, that would be the way to go...unless you don't have the parts, and can't find them, or you have some wierd induction system that makes it difficult.
            My fabulous web page

Comment

echo above - 80.00 cable, and I'm not all that big a fan of cables that can bind up or rust in place, melted sleeves when rubbed against exhaust, plastic gets old and brittle. On the other hand, I'll get back with you after I see the C6 in a Fox, there may be some real estate issues. A solid cable works just like the old throttle cable or choke lever cable on a lawnmower, clamp both ends and it will push as well as pull. I'm betting Lokar seals the ends, but they need to be lubed periodically if not.

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Ca...657_0131792169 is supposed to be an adjustable modulator. When I get bored, I query "Frank Merkl" who has a lot to say about C6's.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
              X