Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTJ Fuel line question

Dudes...

Tomottow I am going to swap the fuel sending unit in the tank of BTJ and I am wondering if I am going to find normal clamps holding the fuel lines on or something I'll need a specialty tool for.

The car is an '87. I am thinking the high tech clamps were used for cars with EFI and high pressure in tank pumps.

Anyone know for sho?
    That which you manifest is before you.

10 minutes after I posted this I went out to the car, found a loose ground and now have a working fuel gauge. I am dumb, but I also saved 90 clams.

Comment

....so, what did you find on the fuel lines? I would guess they are normal clamps at the tank, and threaded fittings with O rings at the filter and TBI unit.
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Hey Jim, regular clamps showed themselves when I jammed my face up there to see what was above the tank. Since this is carb'd it has regular, old school stuff from tip to stern.

Comment

it is worth swapping hoses and clamps..
          prior to fuel pump is something to notice. I did not believe it til I did so myself.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Usually, on GMs, if the gauge always reads full, bad pos. wire. Always reads empty, bad neg.

I'd replace all the rubber lines between the tank and the hard lines while you are under there.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

3/8 air line hose, brass ends.

Oh wait, that was my Imp. You should probably find something different, and hopefully safer, but still tunable with a hacksaw, razor knife, and your dad's Klein diagonal cutting pliers.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
              X