No announcement yet.

aluminum cobra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That thing is pure brilliance on steroids with the evil laugh of the joker to back it up.

Good Golly miss molly, imagine if you could actually get that combination to hook. 95" wheel base Lordy my.

The metal work is stunning - but I'd be paranoid - aluminum body panels are a bitch - look at them wrong and they have a new contour in them.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

When WAY too much could be just right...
      "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

very nice, wow!!
        COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

that car is win
          Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
          Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

I guess that answers all of the "what if" questions.

Comment

So how do you top this one for ultimate Cobra of all time? JATO rocket in the trunk?

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
                It helps to balance the front and rear of the engine
                and keeps one from going rich or lean
                IIRC that manifold is a common plenum so if the carbs are square then that won't be the issue. You'd be amazed at how much variation there is in distribution even with with tunnel rams and dual quads or even dual TB's with port injection. Unless you have the ability to measure and change individual fuel and spark trims per cylinder, at various RPM's and loads its not worth worrying about. Read the plugs and go.

I'll bet that one spends zero time at WOT anyway.
                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Jeez! There were two big block twin Paxton Cobras built back in the 1960s (NOT with SOHC engines). One was owned by Carroll Shelby and the second was owned (briefly) by Bill Cosby. The thing scared Cosby so badly he actually created an entire comedy act about the car. That car was then resold to a dealer who in turn sold it to a guy who literally drove it off a cliff and into the Pacific! It was recovered and has since been restored, I think.

This is blog worthy!

Here's the Cosby comedy act (it is awesome) -

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Cosby is a true master of comedy, love that guy.
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                    X