Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• milner351
    replied
    Cosby is a true master of comedy, love that guy.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Lohnes
    replied
    Jeez! There were two big block twin Paxton Cobras built back in the 1960s (NOT with SOHC engines). One was owned by Carroll Shelby and the second was owned (briefly) by Bill Cosby. The thing scared Cosby so badly he actually created an entire comedy act about the car. That car was then resold to a dealer who in turn sold it to a guy who literally drove it off a cliff and into the Pacific! It was recovered and has since been restored, I think.

This is blog worthy!

Here's the Cosby comedy act (it is awesome) -

Leave a comment:

• CDMBill
    replied
    Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
    It helps to balance the front and rear of the engine
    and keeps one from going rich or lean
    IIRC that manifold is a common plenum so if the carbs are square then that won't be the issue. You'd be amazed at how much variation there is in distribution even with with tunnel rams and dual quads or even dual TB's with port injection. Unless you have the ability to measure and change individual fuel and spark trims per cylinder, at various RPM's and loads its not worth worrying about. Read the plugs and go.

I'll bet that one spends zero time at WOT anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Silver68RT
    replied
    So how do you top this one for ultimate Cobra of all time? JATO rocket in the trunk?

Leave a comment:

• Barry_R
    replied
    I guess that answers all of the "what if" questions.

Leave a comment:

• Mater
    replied
    that car is win

Leave a comment:

• oldsman71
    replied
    very nice, wow!!

Leave a comment:

• PatricksDad
    replied
    When WAY too much could be just right...

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    That thing is pure brilliance on steroids with the evil laugh of the joker to back it up.

Good Golly miss molly, imagine if you could actually get that combination to hook. 95" wheel base Lordy my.

The metal work is stunning - but I'd be paranoid - aluminum body panels are a bitch - look at them wrong and they have a new contour in them.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Silver68RT View Post
    I love Cobra's, but that looks like a lethal combination. It's probably making something like 800 hp, if not more. How could you possibly put that to the ground in a car with street tires and that short a wheelbase? You'd need a AA/FA background to keep it out of the ditches.
    You say that like it's a bad thing

Leave a comment:

• Silver68RT
    replied
    I love Cobra's, but that looks like a lethal combination. It's probably making something like 800 hp, if not more. How could you possibly put that to the ground in a car with street tires and that short a wheelbase? You'd need a AA/FA background to keep it out of the ditches.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by squirrel View Post
    does it matter if the airflow is not balanced?
    probably not even a little bit... lol

Leave a comment:

• dieselgeek
    replied
    I'll bet the airflow is MORE balanced coming off the baby blowers than with just regular old filters on top of the two carbs. The blowers are running the same RPM and probably meter air accurately (I know centrifugal blowers are preferred in industrial apps).

That car is absolutely stunning by the way, I like that WAY better than the Copper one whose pics made their way around the internet last year.

Leave a comment:

• yellomalibu
    replied
    Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
    Does that SOHC really need any Paxtons?
    "Need" is an interesting word to use in reference to anything about that car.

Leave a comment:

• Huskinhano
    replied
    Does that SOHC really need any Paxtons?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X