12,000 miles-5 Fuel Pumps Advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russell View Post
    Check the gas cap? does it vent? Is the pump haveing to pull vac on the tank?
    this sounds like the best idea. If it vents does it vent enough. I dont know about relays being close to the pump, all production cars have relays in the engine bay with the pump in the tank.

Comment

on my grand prix there is 20 feet of wire between the tank and the relay from the factory
      Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Does it really matter where the relay is? It's still the same amount. Of distance for the power to travel either way.
        1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
        1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

the longer the wire the more voltage drop you get. so the hotter the pump and wire will run
          Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, on my truck, from factory, there's a relay under the hood with the rest and another relay right in front of the tank under the bed.
            Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

does it have more then one tank? could be the selector solenoid

my F150 had one

Comment

Single 26 gallon tank. Seems more likely to fail with two to me. Id delete the front one. A relay hardly pulls any voltage to turn on. Im not sure how its wired though, so maybe its not the switch side. idk.

I'd run a single next to tank.
                Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Working...
                X