05 Mustang new engine no noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05 Mustang new engine no noise

After a painfully long build time I tried to fire the car with the new engine, no luck. I am thinking that I am too far away from the old tune, 45 ci. bigger engine, bigger throttle body, higher flow intake, ported heads, bigger cams, headers, bigger blower ducting, headers, and auto trans swap. Started out with the new 72lb injectors, then swaped back to the old 39lb's to see if new injectors were flooding did not help. When I first started cranking on it, it started to fire. Any thoughts?

clearly the framastat modulator is out of phase with the reluctant truncation capacitor, which in turn is throwing the ordinance fabulator all out of whack.

If id had a carb and a distributor I'd be able to help.

How do you check for spark with a coil on plug set up?
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Going to mill top of intake for a carb

Comment

How do you sync the cam sensor on those? Took a few tries for me to get mine sync'ed on my cougar's SC engine.
        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Anderson View Post
          I am thinking that I am too far away from the old tune
          Doubtful, It's make some noise. Do the Ford's have any kind of VATS? When you changed the injectors back, do you fuel had been sprayed?
          Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

I don't know one of the many problems with owning a car smarter than me, lucky the Fairlane is not smarter than me (I say it's about as smart as a mopar, said in the voice of foghorn leghorn)

Comment

Originally posted by kyhunter89 View Post
              Doubtful, It's make some noise. Do the Ford's have any kind of VATS? When you changed the injectors back, do you fuel had been sprayed?
              Lots of fuel spilled

Comment

must be easy checklist about somewhere..
                if confident in timings, check grounds and plugins.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by kyhunter89 View Post
                  Pretty sure all of the GT's had (have) PATS - chip in key on mine. I don't think being powered off and disconnected for a while impacts them. It would start and die after a couple of seconds IIRC> turns fuel pump off I believe.

I'd be curious if it's sparking, it's pretty hard to flood a modern car.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I'd send a PM to dieselgeek.
                    Tom
                    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Does your Mustang run an IAC? We used to have a lot of no start problems caused by a bad IAC on the pre Drive by Wire cars. Good luck with your issue Shawn
                      FKA Redragtop
                      (formerly known as)

Comment

Check the pats. Also check for spark at the plugs. Double check all the wires and connectors. i think u have a sct handheld, if so check in the datalog for rpm, tps,map, and spark advance. it should spark even with the tune being wayyyy off. I would send your handheld back to who ever did the first tune and have him make the major changes- injector size, ci etc before you do any more. Also change your oil asap. 72's can dump a lot of fuel into the oil and the tensioners will get damaged.
                        used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

He said he tried the stock injectors, but could the 72's already killed the plugs by then? The PATS is the first thing I thought of (VATS anyway). Random things can sit them off on LS trucks. Ground a plug and check for spark same as on an old car, just dont pull a plug, use a spare.
                          Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Thanks guys, will get back to the car in the next few days. Paul, good though I will change the oil since not only did I have 72's but had the boost-a-pump turned up. I will ground out a plug and check it. How to I test the PATS? I will double check conections. I think the throttle body is the likley problem

Comment

good detail here -
                              Antitheft and Alarm Systems: Description and Operation ANTI-THEFT The passive anti-theft system (PATS) uses radio frequency identification technology to deter a driveaway theft. Passive means that it does not require any activity from the user. The PATS uses a specially encoded ignition key...

and

I do not know if the newer stuff is different, but I suspect not much different if it is.
                              Last edited by Beagle; December 24, 2012, 07:02 AM.
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X