Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Use a Power Steering Pump Like This??...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Use a Power Steering Pump Like This??...

It's a Sweet setup, what do I need to know??.... Does one size fit all??

what is it..
    wheres the pump?

that pulley is identical to my 87 subaru.

that is ineteresting.. found a photo that even resembles my power steering pump.
    I bet I am creaking transaxles to a new pump..(I just replaced a 26 year old one).
    1000psi. yikes.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 9, 2013, 06:43 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
      what is it..
      wheres the pump?

that is ineteresting.. found a photo that even resembles my power steering pump.
      I bet I am creaking transaxles to a new pump..(I just replaced a 26 year old one).
      1000psi. yikes.
      The pump is behind the pulley, looks like a GM Type II pump. I've used one in a Zoops V-belt system and one in a March Serpentine belt system. Haven't had a problem with either setup.

Edit: I've only used the Type II pump, not the Sweets setup...
      Last edited by 65longroof; January 9, 2013, 08:04 PM.

Comment

sweets if i remember correctly is mainly used in circle track racing but im sure it can be used on the street
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I use a Saginaw Type II pump and mount from Detroit Speed. Canton pully setup and remote resevoir. Same basic deal as the Sweets, works great. Pay attention to pump speed and pressure output for the P/S rack or box. They can sell you pressure reducers as needed. My steering box is a Sagniaw 800 series from the factory, yes in a 71 Mustang.

Last edited by CDMBill; January 9, 2013, 10:21 PM.
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Sweet Pump and it will work fine on the street they make great racks too. Nothing different than any other pump with a remote res its becoming more popular even on Factory cars Japs been doing it for years
            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Yep, used that setup which I bought from Speedway for my Daily Driver Chevy Pick Up. Never any issues at all with it. After I sold the truck it went on to three other vehicles amongst my friends LOL!
              Nick Smithberg
              www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

The pump on the shoebox is much like that but doesn't have the remote reservoir .
                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                  sweets if i remember correctly is mainly used in circle track racing but im sure it can be used on the street
                  Yep....that's where I got the idea for mine.
                  Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
                    what is it..
                    wheres the pump?

1000psi. yikes.
                    I wouldnt be surprised, so many hi torque starters on the market start as import car starters.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys, I got a pretty good deal on it so I bought it.... This is kind of the start of my accessory drive setup on my twin turbo motor, I'm thinking I'm going to need all the room I can get to make everything work....

Comment

No hard on here , its not the first aftermarket circle track pump I have ever seen or been used on a street car. Lots of used Cup parts around The Mooresville -Charlotte area where I came from.

Comment

Working...
                        X