No announcement yet.

Folvo, Bob's 2013 Science Fair Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a local guy doing this same thing. He showed me what he did to relocate/block off some water passages. Pretty interesting task!
    Nick Smithberg
    www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

Bob, for the AI/AIX car couldn't you regulate power through engine management? I'm sure DG or one of the other tuning gurus could help make it happen. I like to dream about the idea of building an engine with too much power and backing it off hopefully in such a way that above a given RPM you wind up with a table top powercurve right on the limit.
      Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Yep, you're right on. I had DG come out and help us with the car. The power curve is flat as a pancake. Really surprised the guy that certified our power on the chassis dyno.

We had to lose over 100 whp/wtq to get the car close to specs. Now, with some recent series rule changes, we are just about spot on.
        I'm still learning

Comment

This is a cool project.

Bob, the guys at Turbobricks forums are awesome, not just at Volvo stuff but DIY in general. Some of them are the original Megasquirt guys too - great folks, can't say enough good about them.
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            that's really cool, but what is it with the Scandinavians and tile floors in their garages?
            That used to be the kitchen........

Comment

Originally posted by SSChevyManiac View Post
              Bob, for the AI/AIX car couldn't you regulate power through engine management? I'm sure DG or one of the other tuning gurus could help make it happen.
              Like through a wiper switch?
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                If I told you, I'd have to kill you. Just sayin...

Last edited by Bob Holmes; January 10, 2013, 03:53 PM.
                I'm still learning

Comment

im gunna be following this, volvos are more than abundant in the local pick n pulls and ive always wanted another for ranger for a daily driver
                  Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                    Dash lights dimmer switch....
                    Losing?.. Dial more power..

Comment

Now that's a darn good idea! The F1 guys do it, why cant Bob?
                      Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Geoff "do you really think this will work?" Mike "its another one of Bob's crackpot ideas." Lee "?"

Mike comparing the 2.3 Ford headgasket to the Volvo head:

I'm still learning

Comment

Wow, that lines up pretty damn good doesn't it.....

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                            im gunna be following this, volvos are more than abundant in the local pick n pulls and ive always wanted another for ranger for a daily driver
                            So are Duratec Rangers... but this is interesting. I'd seen where people were looking into this several years ago but it looks like now there are some actually running.
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

But how much will it cost to get the "V" milled off the valve cover, a pad welded back on, and an "F" ball-milled in place? Unseen expenses.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                                But how much will it cost to get the "V" milled off the valve cover, a pad welded back on, and an "F" ball-milled in place? Unseen expenses.

Dan
                                belt sand it all off and use a Sears router with a carbide bit and some old sears letter templates to engrave it with "Take it from Bob"

Last edited by Beagle; January 13, 2013, 10:42 AM.
                                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X