• Show
Clear All

• O2 Meter

to get my tuning down.
    I would like to purchase a O2 meter
    and surgresstions?
    thannks
    Bob

I'm pretty happy with my Innovate MTX-L gauge(s).
    www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I haven't bought one yet but KT likes and recommended the Innovate.

Dan

Comment

Best Wideband O2 Controllers around, 0.01 Lambda accurate, fast response, 2 year warranty. Open source @ $35. Plug & play @ $75. 52mm gauge w/ display @ $110

Comment

I have a LM-1... it needs the RPM recorder for it to work best...
          but I do retty good so far without it... but I will buy the rpm recorder

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar View Post
            I'm pretty happy with my Innovate MTX-L gauge(s).
            +1

I learned a long time ago, the 1volt versions, and then the wideband...

if a stroke is too short like for a motorcycle..useless. A hyped engine will still blow because reading is too slow.

Today with the most stubborn engine I can remember..a 2.65 inch stroke ea82 at 1781cc feeds that gauge nicely. Very fast readings.

no half second delays. I am going to utilize the 0 to 5 v output for a gadget..fast gadget it will be.

if you are inquiring for an american sized stroke, any of the modern gauges are nice.

mtx-l is very fast
            Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 10, 2013, 07:02 PM.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

+1 on the Innovate MTX Gauge. I bought mine on Amazon for something like $160. Best tool I own.
              Rick

Comment

I have the dual input FAST and folks told me after I got it I should have gone with the Innovate system. It works ok but I still haven't been able to get it do dump logs onto a laptop so I can really look at it. I usually just record the run and then watch it on the screen. kinda clunky. The rpm module works fine for me but I've seen others complain about it also.

regardless of which one you use, I would recommend one. Last year during DW I was looking at the log of a run when my car was doggin before half track and found it was running super lean. probably saved my non tuning ass from doing damage.
                Last edited by Dignlif; March 12, 2013, 08:39 PM.
                Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

I have an LC-1 in my 55, the tough part is figuring out how to make a display that looks right in an old car. This is what I have so far, but I have some plans to make a different display for it, using Nixie tubes. I don't know if I can con my family members into helping me design and build it...but it's possible.

Click image for larger version

Name:	55dash201302.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	868117
                  My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Is that a mechanical drive tach? How often do you see one of those and an
                    A/F meter in the same photo. Awesome.

Comment

A tube-gauge would be cool but how about using an analog airfuel-gauge?
                      Perhaps even change the dialface to a more vintage look.
                      www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I wouldn't try tuning without one anymore - I got one from Summit before drag week - best $129 I've spent in recent years.
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar View Post
                          A tube-gauge would be cool but how about using an analog airfuel-gauge?
                          Perhaps even change the dialface to a more vintage look.
                          That is another idea I've been toying with....the main problem is finding a gauge that's small enough to fit in the existing holes in the dash, another problem is finding one that has enough sensitivity, that also has lighting in it.
                          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Comment

I am installing an AEM failsafe wideband right now. It datalogs too! I read some negative stuff about the Innovate when I was looking- doesn't it require calibration?
                              Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Working...
                              X