No announcement yet.

Well i did it now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work - just put the bed on the truck in sealer primer - good enough! ;-)
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
      Nice work - just put the bed on the truck in sealer primer - good enough! ;-)
      hope to quit nit picking it and paint next week end
      Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
      Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

well fixing the sides is more to it than I thought ... when you bolt the fender on every thing moves and I knew that.. so to bolt the fender on you need two people and maybe three ... so I made a template out of plywood that is the shape of the fender with a hole in it for a handle so I can tighten up the fender then work on the panel... sounds easy but is a PIA got the driver side nice but the pass. side still needs some work... there is a spot in the very rear corner that is way out some farmer back in the day must of been hauling broken concrete or something... I need to hammer on it then dough it on both sides.... not like a car wear you only see one side

Comment

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
          well fixing the sides is more to it than I thought ... when you bolt the fender on every thing moves and I knew that.. so to bolt the fender on you need two people and maybe three ... so I made a template out of plywood that is the shape of the fender with a hole in it for a handle so I can tighten up the fender then work on the panel... sounds easy but is a PIA got the driver side nice but the pass. side still needs some work... there is a spot in the very rear corner that is way out some farmer back in the day must of been hauling broken concrete or something... I need to hammer on it then dough it on both sides.... not like a car wear you only see one side
          Maybe you are to anal it is only a farm truck In Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by R Munch View Post
            the farm animal in leonard like there ride dirty but straight
            Last edited by quick 52; April 22, 2013, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Those inner fenders he put on happen to be my inners from the Rampage... being
              that it has Mopar parts on it now it should run quicker... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
                Those inner fenders he put on happen to be my inners from the Rampage... being
                that it has Mopar parts on it now it should run quicker... LOL
                There is alot of MOPAR,GM and FORD parts in this bucket

Comment

So it's a JEEP?

LOL
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

here's some pic's of the work I've been doing... worked on the tailgate and bed sides ... the tailgate got dented with a jack handle and also I drop it on the master shut off for a dent... the tailgate didn't have supports so welded them on and the bed sides had a long line of site so welded stake pocket to break it up plus it looks better

Comment

Looking good Dale.. your almost ready to paint

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
                        Looking good Dale.. your almost ready to paint
                        hoping to paint in a week or so...

Comment

I think I'm gonna paint this coming week... I was doing the final
                          guide coat yesterday on the body and found 2 little spot I needed
                          to work on(those should be done today)... I need to get all the loose
                          parts hung up or at least on chains or hooks and see if I still have enough
                          room to move in... might need to expand the booth out into the driveway

Comment

worked on the driver side fender today found a rust hole you could throw a cat thru... thought it was a bubble and maybe some rust but it was bad... when I started the truck paint job I had a guy going to paint the truck so I gave him the parts and he fixed them and painted.. then he got hurt in a accident and I decided to paint it myself well the back fender were all done and the hood so I just sanded and reshot the fender and hood at school all was good... well he just doug over the rust and paint it looked great . so today I cut a 3"x7" and 2"x1" patch welded in and dough other fender looks good just need to fix the stars

Comment

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
                              worked on the driver side fender today found a rust hole you could throw a cat thru... thought it was a bubble and maybe some rust but it was bad... when I started the truck paint job I had a guy going to paint the truck so I gave him the parts and he fixed them and painted.. then he got hurt in a accident and I decided to paint it myself well the back fender were all done and the hood so I just sanded and reshot the fender and hood at school all was good... well he just doug over the rust and paint it looked great . so today I cut a 3"x7" and 2"x1" patch welded in and dough other fender looks good just need to fix the stars
                              Rust Bucket!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should I buy some stock in Bondo???????????
                              Last edited by R Munch; April 26, 2013, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Rust Bucket!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should I buy some stock in Bondo???????????
                                really this is the bondo wagon for sure... was thinking of using lead so the mopar's could keep up... how's the Dart doing get it all tuned..

Comment

Working...
                                X