Shifter Question??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
    if "all motor" means "progressive nitrous with an EMS-pro controlling ignition" then sure, whatever Alex. You should take your own advice.
    Surely not going to take advise form a guy that has never built a car in his life....... Basically if it's not EFI, taking advise from you is like taking advise from the Horses Ass....... All second hand bullshit........

Comment

I have no idea why you ever ask a question when you get real world answers you argue back with Google search and info from a guy trying to make a sale.
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
        Surely not going to take advise form a guy that has never built a car in his life....... Basically if it's not EFI, taking advise from you is like taking advise from the Horses Ass....... All second hand bullshit........
        Put down the bong. I'm not giving you advice, I'm telling you that Brian Rock's been running a 200R4 behind a NITROUS ENGINE for years. Of course, he's not going as fast as you're gonna go, but it at least tells you that your buddy at Hughes is either uneducated or lying to you. Maybe you should consider another hobby.
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

fwiw,

I put a Megashifter for a second gen Camaro/Bird in my '80 Monte's console, it's about the same height as the factory shifter and will use the same cable with a bit of mod. The console in the 80 and an SS's console are similar. I cut it for the rubber boot with a jigsaw using the trim ring from the shifter kit as a template and glued the boot rather than putting the trim ring on. It looked like it was supposed to be that way.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
            I have no idea why you ever ask a question when you get real world answers you argue back with Google search and info from a guy trying to make a sale.
            I asked a question about Shifters, you guys turned it into a debate about transmissions...... And I hate to say it but just because a 4l80 didn't work for Doc, doesn't mean there aren't other people out there that have more experience with 4l80's than Rossler does......

As for the guy trying to make a sale, sure he is, isn't everyone??, but he does use the same black box as Rossler does, in fact he does more to his 4l80's than Rossler does(I checked out their site), but then Jake's transmissions does even more than both of those guys..... and rates their tranies to 1500hp...... And Jake's even tells you that if your running faster than 10's that you will see a reduction in your ET do to the heavier rotating mass of the 4l80, though their estimates of reduction are way smaller what what Doc was seeing...... By the way Jake's specializes in 4l80's, maybe Doc should have talked with them.............

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
              fwiw,

I put a Megashifter for a second gen Camaro/Bird in my '80 Monte's console, it's about the same height as the factory shifter and will use the same cable with a bit of mod. The console in the 80 and an SS's console are similar. I cut it for the rubber boot with a jigsaw using the trim ring from the shifter kit as a template and glued the boot rather than putting the trim ring on. It looked like it was supposed to be that way.
              Thanks Beag's, I'll keep that in mind.....

Comment

Well, I like the quarter stick but, the real reason I piped up is to say that if you worried about weight, a powerglide with a Gear Vender over drive. Not so worried about weight a TH400 with the Gear Vender. If it were not for the planned twin turbos then a built t56. No way would I put anything with a computer in it or a t.v. cable. I really believe your going to get this done so please take no offense. Just my opinion.
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                  He runs "all motor", did you notice I said the guys at Hughes said it wouldn't survive behind a "Nitrous" motor....... Nitrous is so much more violent on a drivetrain than a naturally aspirated motor is that is making the same HP....... But then if you actually built a car of your own and raced it, you might know that....... Please stick to something you know about, like EFI and laptops.......
                  So there are different types of horse power? There must be an engine violence rating that I'm not aware of.
                  Would a car be faster with 700 violent horse power as opposed to 700 meek horse power?
                  Originally posted by TC
                  also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
                    So there are different types of horse power? There must be an engine violence rating that I'm not aware of.
                    Would a car be faster with 700 violent horse power as opposed to 700 meek horse power?
                    Just think of a N/A motor making peak of 700hp, at 3500 rpm it might be making 350hp, now take a nitrous motor that makes a peak of 400hp(without the nitrous), it might only make 250hp at 3500rpm without the nitrous, but when you hit the nitrous and add a 300hp shot your now making 550hp at 3500rpm, which is 200hp more than the naturally aspirated engine is doing, though both engines will end up making the same peak HP.... Then add in the fact that you are at a lower rpm/speed where more load is being applied to the drivetrain and you can see where things would start to break.......
                    Last edited by TC; April 7, 2013, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X