Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chevy truck fuel pump... what brand do YOU trust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevy truck fuel pump... what brand do YOU trust?

The fuel pump in my '97 Chevy 1 ton is on it's way out. What brands of fuel pump modules do you guys recommend as good replacements?

P.S. This is the in-tank version.
    Bakersfield, CA.

I recommend ac-delco. They work for me.
    Last edited by 67ragtop; April 2, 2013, 06:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

chad did a tour of a place last year that makes all the pumps that they sell to something like 89% of the comeptition, did a video and got posted on here, its floating around someplace
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by 67ragtop View Post
        I recommend ac-delco. They work for me.
        x2 it's the same part you'll get from the dealer, just a little cheaper.....

Comment

AC Delco or Delphi, they are both OE parts, I have had great success with both brands, be sure to replace the fuel filter at the same time......
          200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
          Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

I've had an airtex GM tbi pump in my Dodge diesel for 4 years now. It's supposed to be a cheap pump but it has been reliable for me. Also I am pretty sure that the OEMs farm out all of the replacement pumps to overseas manufacturers especially after those vehicles are no longer being manufactured themselves. Isn't Delphi 100 percent Chinese now?
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
              I've had an airtex GM tbi pump in my Dodge diesel for 4 years now. It's supposed to be a cheap pump but it has been reliable for me. Also I am pretty sure that the OEMs farm out all of the replacement pumps to overseas manufacturers especially after those vehicles are no longer being manufactured themselves. Isn't Delphi 100 percent Chinese now?
              I go for those too.
              even though overseas and stereotyped.. pumps for fuel cannot be half assed.
              I found if cheap it might come with brackets and a filter you don't know where to place, vague instructions.. like ready for a mechanic.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

walbro 255lph 340gs
                Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

This has been an ongoing topic at thirdgen.org for years. The general consensus is that is better to spend the extra for a Delco pump because the failure rate is much lower. It's a concern on those cars because it's so much work to get the pump out.

I've never done one on a full size, but on an S10 it's easier to lift the bed off than drop the tank.
                  Last edited by Mr4Speed; April 3, 2013, 09:11 PM.

Comment

I am planning to pop the bed off this thing on Saturday. Just have to get the pump first. Failure rate is what I am most concerned with. I had planned to work on the Mustang on Saturday, not the daily. I don't want to do this again for a long time.
                    Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

INDEED - dropping a tank for a quickly failed new pump would be akin to salting fresh roadrash.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I would go with Bosch, AC or Delphi.
                        "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

I bought a Carter brand fuel pump "Module" from RockAuto, was 80+ bucks cheaper than my local napa. This was for a
                          2001, or 2 Chevy Silverado. Made in U.S. was approx. $180 about a year ago.
                          Last edited by ss427; April 9, 2013, 11:09 PM.

Comment

A little note about AC Delco parts, they have two different lines of products, the "Advantage" line and the "Professional" line..... The Advantage line is geared towards the home mechanic, where the Professional line is basically your Factory Replacement parts.....

Comment

Put a Delco unit in last Saturday. Works great and I can't even hear it.
                              Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Working...
                              X