M AND H DRAG RADIALS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M AND H DRAG RADIALS?

Has any one run M and H drag radials? Are they more like M/T or BFG? Or a regular tire?

Re: M AND H DRAG RADIALS?

I have not personally run them they are more similar to a m/t than anything else. I think th guys trying them still had better luck wiht the m/t

Comment

I also wonder about these, as I am annoyed by the damn month-long (or more) backorder on all of the mickey thompson products. I was "forced" to put my slicks on for street driving when my 275/60 MT ET Street radials were showing cords, and NOBODY has them ANYWHERE. They definitley hook, I think I only got about 1,000 miles of street driving out of them though. (with spool) I am not easy on tires however. I plan to get a pair of 28/11.5 ET Streets, (bias ply instead of radials) and see how they do. Everybody I talked to that has them has been happy, all they really are is a pair of slicks with some dotted lines in them LOL.......

James

Comment

I ran a pair of the 275/50/17 M&H on my T-Bird SC. They hooked about the same as the M/T radials I had tried before (this is only a 13 sec. car though). The M&H seem to be quite narrow for a given size, the 275 looked small, even on 9" wheels.

cheers
        Ed N.
        Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
        07 Mustang GT with some stuff
        88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Termin8orFox
          I also wonder about these, as I am annoyed by the damn month-long (or more) backorder on all of the mickey thompson products. I was "forced" to put my slicks on for street driving when my 275/60 MT ET Street radials were showing cords, and NOBODY has them ANYWHERE. They definitley hook, I think I only got about 1,000 miles of street driving out of them though. (with spool) I am not easy on tires however. I plan to get a pair of 28/11.5 ET Streets, (bias ply instead of radials) and see how they do. Everybody I talked to that has them has been happy, all they really are is a pair of slicks with some dotted lines in them LOL.......

James
          You will find them a slower tire than a hooking drag radial, but much more forgiving if you spun the DR's
          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

It don't matter now just ordered a pair of M/T's the M&H's did not come in the size I need. I have little tire room and ordered 235 60 15 drag radials

Comment

Hey, when are those tires going to be in? If you want next week after work I can go get them swapped for you if your not home yet.
              Let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC
                Originally posted by Termin8orFox

James
                You will find them a slower tire than a hooking drag radial, but much more forgiving if you spun the DR's
                Among the drag radials, I have found the Hoosier Drag Radial to be just as fast as the MT Drag Radial except the Hoosier is much more forgiving when you spin. For example, on the Hoosiers when I spin I only loose about 1/10th in the 60' foot, on the MTs when I spun it was like being in the water box all over again . . .

Comment

Working...
                X