Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Cleaner conversion...From a 440 6 pack, to a 426 Hemi Dual Quad...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Cleaner conversion...From a 440 6 pack, to a 426 Hemi Dual Quad...

Met a guy this summer with a 1966 426 Hemi Satellite. Wanted a 440-6 pack style air cleaner under the hood. He was told "It couldn't be done" by everyone he talked to. I guess I don't know those guys, because it could be done. Hardest part was making the "quicky tooling" to press a lip for the carb holes. Heres some pics...

Re: Air Cleaner conversion...From a 440 6 pack, to a 426 Hemi Dual Quad...

Wow, nice work.

Comment

to save you guys some clicking, here are the pics

It's amazing what you can do with some metal working equipment, some imagination, and some ambition! nice work
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Thanks for the help squirrel; BIGBLOCKMOPAR explained how to post pics...

I think I gained an I.Q. point with your help... Thanks again for the expertise... Rob Wagle

Comment

Post a pic with the setup on the car. I bet guys will stand around and argue that you have a six pack on th Hemi.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

amazing, I laugh at people who tell me something can't be done.... Anything is possible. please tell me that that was an aftermarket air cleaner base though.....

Comment

Originally posted by Green Junk
              amazing, I laugh at people who tell me something can't be done.... Anything is possible. please tell me that that was an aftermarket air cleaner base though.....
              I was thinking the same thing about it being an aftermarket aircleaner. I love it when people tell me it can't be done. I take it as a personal challange, and like to prove them wrong.

Comment

...and there's nothing more fun than hacking up an original, rare, muscle car part! right?

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Just pretty work...

Keith

Would have been perfect to be a later model rarer dual quad set up.. that he used to get the " look " ...

Comment

Working...
                  X