No announcement yet.

700R4 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did both , it was in perfect condition (front joint ) . I figured that's what Bob meant .

Comment

nice work - I tend to do the same thing - "while I'm in there" it can get out of hand sometimes - but in this case - cheap insurance and good to get out of the way on your terms - not having the other one fail on you at a bad time - as Murphy and his damned law always seem to prevail.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

On the way to work this morning a grinding sound started coming from the front passenger side wheel that gets worse when the brakes are applied , I'm thinking wheel bairing . If it's not one thing it's another . We'll see when I get home !.

Comment

Oh man! Your luck...

Yes I meant rest of the u-joints..
          "while I'm in there...."

I know too well Murphy's law!

At least you can hear the grinding.. I gotta feel it, by then it's usually on it's way to major.. Unless somebody who knows me and cars hears it and tells me..

Good luck..

Comment

Once again the sound that I thought was coming from the front has come from the back . The rear inboard brake pad has separated , I had installed an SSBC disc conversion kit 3 years ago . The caliper has pushed the metal backing into the rotor ( grinding noise ) , leaving many grooves in it . The lining is no where to be seen . I'll contact SSBC tonight to see if I can get some parts info , if they are no help off I go to the parts store with a box of parts to match up . In the parts list that came from SSBC it lists the pads as semi metallic T-Bird and the 11" rotors as G-body .
            Attached Files
            Last edited by langleylad; July 11, 2013, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Check the piston and make sure it will go back in, and the pins aren't rusty. It's pulled the pad up against the rotor and stuck it there. When you get it all fixed, your gas mileage will probably go up. Bonus.
              Last edited by Beagle; July 11, 2013, 08:08 PM.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

This all just happened this morning . On the way to work I drove down a street under construction (very very rough ) shortly after I hit the brakes and the pedal almost hit the floor ( no inboard pad ) . The pedal recovered shortly after , not long after the noise began .

Comment

Good call Beagle that piston is not going back in , it's stuck . Another part on the list . Thanks

Comment

SSBC came through with all the parts info . Mainly 88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe parts with a modified G-body rotor . Back on the road again .

Comment

Working...
                    X