Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reading spark plugs

this is the plug from #8 cylinder from the 305 in my DD chevy truck

its a mostly stock ignition system, it has a MSD cap,rotor, and coil, ac delco 8mm wires and ac delco plugs CR43TS
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

looks lean and metallic.. and strangely focused on one spot.

those big old antiques are not known for that.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Let's see the other 7 ....
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

they are all identical
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

From what I have seen and learned about plugs, they look pretty good . Ihmo

Comment

Ditto ... look fine. What does the fire ring down in the plug look like?

While on the subject .... does anyone else "rebuild" their spark plugs? .... IE throw them in the blast cabinet and clean them up, re-gap and re-install ....
            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Old circle track racer told me when I was just getting into cars, he was instrumental in the majority of my education, that you never get all the sand out of the plugs and the higher rpms will loosen the sand..
              I suppose for in a pinch and blowing them with air and solvent should be ok.. For a revving motor ... I guess not..
              We did that on customers cars at the junk yard repair shop that did not want to pay for plugs, cheapies or not..
              I see the cheapo plug cleaners at Harbor Freight and wonder how many motors got ruined..

Comment

I scrape off the thick deposits and put the plugs back in, there's really no need to blast them, they'll just get dirty again, the thin layer of crap doesn't hurt anything.

If the engine isn't burning oil, you usually don't need to do any cleaning.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
                  Ditto ... look fine. What does the fire ring down in the plug look like?

While on the subject .... does anyone else "rebuild" their spark plugs? .... IE throw them in the blast cabinet and clean them up, re-gap and re-install ....
                  A wire brush and some brake clean and stick them back in. Did that for three years on an old car whose #8 had major blow by.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X