Just as the title reads...

I am looking for input on the Ford 2V 6.8L V10s.

Despite being a GM guy I have always had an interest in these motors and wanted to plat with one.

We have a ton of these in our fleet with well over 250K miles. With 27 of our vehicles coming up for retirement, I have the opportunity to purchase one extremely cheap, and I have been strongly considering it.

From Wiki:
The 6.8 L (6760 cc, 413 CID) SOHC V10 is another variation of the Modular family created for use in large trucks. Bore size is 90.2 mm (3.552 in) and stroke is 105.8 mm (4.165 in), identical to the 5.4 L V8. Both 2-valve and 3-valve versions have been produced. The 6.8 L uses a split-pin crank with 72° firing intervals and a balance shaft to quell vibrations inherent to a 90° bank angle V10 engine. The engine's firing order is 1-6-5-10-2-7-3-8-4-9. The 2-valve version was first introduced in 1997, with a 3-valve non-VCT version to follow in 2005. The 3-valve engines were built alongside the 2-valve engines at Ford's Windsor, Ontario LVL engine line, but moved production to the larger Windsor Engine Plant in 2009.

...Now I am not machinist, with that being said, what does a "split-pin crank" refer to, and does it have any adverse effects on performance? I have found mixed documentation, but I believe the crankshaft is forged.

It appears the engines are essentially a 5.4 with two extra cylinders. 5.4L Manley rods are listed as 6.8 application as well (however they are sold in sets of 8) lol. Piston bore is the same size, so aftermarket support should prove plentiful if the project ever got to that point...

However....I am basically looking for insight at near stock form. What type of potential could one of these power plants provide given typical bolt-on fashion modifications?

The torque output seems extremely plentiful for a street application!