Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bukshysteve
    replied
    I don,t think there is much aftermarket support for the V10 but they seam durable. That being said I have a friend that put a set of headers on his V10 and he really liked the results in a 3/4 ton pickup and if you look at the stock manifolds you can see why!

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied
    Originally posted by BangShift McT View Post
    I can get behind a V10 powered Ford. This Mustang II was rocking one last time I saw it.
    WOW - that appears to be a lot of sheet metal work to make a Mustang II look like that!

Leave a comment:

• BangShift McT
    replied
    I can get behind a V10 powered Ford. This Mustang II was rocking one last time I saw it.

Leave a comment:

• anotheridiot
    replied
    Not a ford guy at all, just seems to make me think of of my 1990 Jeep Wrangler, where the inline 6 gets you max torque output at 1500 rpm's. This more of a stump puller than a high RPM race setup?

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    You might want to PM Buckshysteve (I think I have that right - he's a Canadian racer who drag races and does LSR). He's built some unusual stuff mostly Ford powered and may have some insight. Nice guy, too.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• studemax
    replied
    A truck engine worked for Dodge in the Viper.

Leave a comment:

• Captain
    replied
    Excellent, I will be watching your challenges of this build.
    Way back in my Krazy Builds Ideas File is to build a "Dual Cowl Phaeton Rat Rod" on a Ford TT frame, but using a Old GM Gas V12 as the Power Plant.
    Being a Ford Guy, this has Options......
    (I did think about the Sherman Tank Engine, but tranny bolt up would be a nightmare)

​​​​

Leave a comment:

• jscmoto46
    replied
    Well, I've got one, very cheap, as in free. I need to figure the computer pin out as the wiring I have, has thd engine side but that is all. I have the engine, computer & the engine harness, but thats it. It's a 2 valve from a 2018 E-450 chassis & thats about all I know about it.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    See them in pickups and large motorhomes... Tractor motors?

Yep a rip snorting growling V-10 will be quite the feel!

Leave a comment:

• hauen
    replied
    Unfortunately the modular engines are limited by a 100mm bore spacing (3.937") so about the biggest bores you can get out of them is ~3.75" (and that's with Darton Sleeves which are pretty damned pricey). Performance camshafts are almost non-existent though I suppose you could get your good cores welded up and reground, the rods are the noodly powdered metal ones that won't hold up to much more than stock power levels(though there are plenty of good rods out now at almost reasonable prices). I'd love to see a rip-snorting, kick-ass V-10, but I think it would take cubic dollars to make it happen.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    I get wanting a "V-10"... Understand that.. Wow factor!
    What I don't get is why such a small bore and not letting it be he monster it could have been?
    By same token.. Bikes with turbos.. They only did the smaller bikes (600-650's) with turbos..I wanted 1100-1200's!
    Then V-6's were turbo'd... We cried for an 8.. they gave us the lame dog 301

A 4" bore V-10 would be a good torque monster, wouldn't it? Somewhere in the 9L+ area!

STILL...I will watch this... Dream along with y'all..
    Last edited by Deaf Bob; January 24, 2014, 09:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Barlow
    replied
    I remember some guy put one in a.Ccown Vic . It was in Hot Rod magazine. I think he did drag week one or twice with it. I believe he is a member on the forum but not sure on how active. May check the power tour board here. Think he has a turquoise 60's falcon now. I remember the computer kept shutting off the fuel around 85 mph.

Leave a comment:

• OldMachinist
    replied
    https://sp1.yimg.com/ib/th?id=H.4738...=169&h=126&p=0 shows a split pin crank. They are somewhat weaker than a straight pin but Cat has been using them in 60 degree diesels and Buick uses them in even fire V-6's so no real concern.
    The thing that gives Ford mod engines their power is the area of the valves in 4-valve heads. To realize a performance gain you would need 4-valve heads because the relatively small bore of mod engines negates horsepower potential in 2-valve heads.
    If the 2013 Engine Masters had restricted mod engines to 2-valves like all the other engines they would not have won. The valve area of the 4-valve head negates the small bore-undersquare design of the mod.

Leave a comment:

• studemax
    replied
    I'd like to have one.... just so I could say I had one.

Leave a comment:

• Bamfster
    replied
    Not sure of "performance" potential, but, I had a Triton 6.8 for several years. It pulled as good as my pre PSD 7.3 in my F250. It was faster in a drag race. The downside ... it got 10Xs worse MPGs ....

Now if I could just shoe-horn a 6.8 in place of the POS 5.4 in my Expedition ....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X