No announcement yet.

54 chevy car locks lost keys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a friend who had a Jeep with a soft top. The doors did not have locks! The top was cut twice by robbers taking CDs and other personal stuff. Dude use the door handle!
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
      Had a friend who had a Jeep with a soft top. The doors did not have locks! The top was cut twice by robbers taking CDs and other personal stuff. Dude use the door handle!
      Yeah a friend of mine always leaves his jeep unlocked because of the soft top. Its been broken into one time and they cut the window to get in. I guess when a majority of cars are locked why check?
      1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
      1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Got the door handle, ign sw, trunk lock, and glove box lock out last night. Heard about this guy from one of the few good old auto parts stores left (the sort of guy that has glass fuses and knew the part number for gabriel shocks for a 54 chevy without looking them up)

So I drove into a not so nice part of town - and in less than 30 minutes - this guy had 3 keys made on old blanks for $40.
        Just so happens I picked the week that they wrote an article in the paper about this guy I'd just met. To say his shop is a time warp is an understatement, but the man can make a key or pick a lock for just about anything.

There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Great read glad you got the key issue solved
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

The car is back together, all the locks work and the door handle was trickier to assemble than take apart like most things - but it's done.

Spare parts are loaded in a box in the trunk. Cash was deposited and cleared in the account. Title is signed and shipped USPS priority with extra keys. Just waiting for the call to arrange pick up.

Comment

That's awesome....congrats on the sale!

Must be in the air, I sold the corn-burning furnace AND the corn-burning stove this weekend. Got a buggy sale pending and a kitcar chassis waiting on goodish weather to complete those sale.
              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Nice!

I got a call on my old house this weekend, but the guy wanted to see if I was interested in renting it. Nope sorry, I'm over that phase.
                Last edited by TheSilverBuick; February 3, 2014, 09:42 AM.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

That's a great story about the locksmith. I still have an old shop in old town like that. Guess where I took my Mustang? We had another local really close to me but his business was all "on site" so he shut his brick and mortar joint down and runs it all mobile now. Good to see the old places still in business, and turning out a value!
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                    Got the door handle, ign sw, trunk lock, and glove box lock out last night. Heard about this guy from one of the few good old auto parts stores left (the sort of guy that has glass fuses and knew the part number for gabriel shocks for a 54 chevy without looking them up)

So I drove into a not so nice part of town - and in less than 30 minutes - this guy had 3 keys made on old blanks for $40.
                    Just so happens I picked the week that they wrote an article in the paper about this guy I'd just met. To say his shop is a time warp is an understatement, but the man can make a key or pick a lock for just about anything.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...=2014301270014
                    John - It makes my heart happy to know that there are still viable businesses in Detroit. I'd drive from your place to that area to support ol' Dave. Great story and a great American even if he didn't start out here.

While I hate to see the family Chevy move along I know we can't do everything and we have to make choices. Was your Sweetie OK with it going to a new home?

Dan

Comment

Dorman sells single sided keys.. At the dealer I worked we had the tumblers in stock.. Show me a pic here of which tumbler and I can mail u some out or give u the part numbers and u can find locally or semi locally
                      "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Oops on my phone.. Didn't noticed it is resolved .. My bad
                        "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Thanks for the offer nosnerd! Surely appreciate it.

Dan - it was her idea to sell....

Comment

Working...
                          X