Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LEFT HAND ROADSTER SUPER GAS / SUPER ROD GUYS....?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEFT HAND ROADSTER SUPER GAS / SUPER ROD GUYS....?????

Newbie here and looking for some input on some chassis setup and t-stop questions....?????

Rickster

Re: LEFT HAND ROADSTER SUPER GAS / SUPER ROD GUYS....?????

No Super Gas / Super Rod Guys....?????

Rickster

Comment

BMP One Last Effort...Gotta be some S/G guys in the crowd...?????

Rick

Comment

I think we have been there done that, moved on. Maybe you should state what you would like to know and we could help.
        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Rick,

What's your setup?

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

What would you say would be good start/base delay box and t-stop settings for 9.90 and 6.40 Indexes? My setup is 565/900hp Glide, 8" Treemaster flashes to 5500, 4.30 gears, 34.5 x 32" Hoosiers, 23" up frt, 2,045# w/driver....60' @ 1.14 (Dedenbear CC-3 / AirShift / Dedenbear T-Stop)

Rick

Comment

Sounds like a lot of gear for that light of car

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC
                Sounds like a lot of gear for that light of car
                Stepping up to 33" rear and 25" frt....A li'l violent off the stop, and on the stop I'ld think you would want some gear coming off the stop????

Rick

Comment

Not with that much motor, and no weight, your going to have to come to a stop, or coast to 1/2 track, you have a good 8.90 but way to much for a 9.90 car at that weight you need a small block for 9.90. You are going to hit and unload the rehit that hard more chance for not being able to repeat and spin a tire.

Comment

Jeff, sorry to have to disagree...but most of the guys at the divisional races I've been to are running more BB power than I am at the same weight or even lighter with same gear but 33" tire and are crossing the stripe at 165+ mph in SuprGas 9.90 index.  I'm not real concerned with my combo, but very interested in getting a handle on some base box/stop settings to get this newbie heading down the right path...????

Thanks for the reply,
                    Rickster

Comment

Well , if you want to follow the pack you will get stuck in the middle of the pack, we have many a win from doing it the other way and a Wally. If you can cut a light, and so can the car ( the trick is pulling the tire straight up out of the light to start the timer before the car moves, you will go faster than the clock shows) then ET is ET no matter what MPH you run. When you both kill it and come back on they are just going to fender you. The big MPH came from guys getting tierd of going that slow across the finish line when shutting off at the end or when going into high gear not because it worked better. We bailed on it when we spend more to slow the car down, than we did to speed it up, not a lack of wins. The box will have to be set for your car amny runs will take care of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergas565
                        Newbie here and looking for some input on some chassis setup and t-stop questions....?????

Rickster

I am not trying to say you have to do it our way you just ask for input so there it is, we had great success in 8.90 and 9.90 and 10.90 with doing it this way once with a Full on Brogie Roadster with a Sonny motor and a 52 chevy

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC
                          Well , if you want to follow the pack you will get stuck in the middle of the pack, we have many a win from doing it the other way and a Wally. If you can cut a light, and so can the car ( the trick is pulling the tire straight up out of the light to start the timer before the car moves, you will go faster than the clock shows) then ET is ET no matter what MPH you run. When you both kill it and come back on they are just going to fender you. The big MPH came from guys getting tierd of going that slow across the finish line when shutting off at the end or when going into high gear not because it worked better. We bailed on it when we spend more to slow the car down, than we did to speed it up, not a lack of wins. The box will have to be set for your car amny runs will take care of that.
                          OK, so what your saying is: it's better to run a combo that is extremely efficient and runs the number rather than dialing in a bunch of stop...????  I will have to run the 565...it does dead hook and lifts immediately or so it seems so far...will have to get some video.  Jeff I really appreciate the help and hopefully understanding your philosophy...please correct me if I'm not...??? Rick

Comment

You got it, in these classes you have to play your own game, dont get sucked in. Its all about turning on the win light. We ran hard the first 1/8th and coasted they all thought they had been left on and turned the stop off to catch us then went sailing by. The big MPH is cool but it you can run dead on and cut a light you can win the car set up is as anything pull those wheels straight up dont use the rollout. This was our way and it worked for us.

Comment

Jeff...Thank You...looks like we will be doin some experimenting...!!!!!

Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X