• EFI fuel pumps for methanol

I need a good recommendation that won't cost a fortune

need if to flow 200#/hour or 30 gallons/hour @ 90PSI

Re: EFI fuel pumps for methanol

I believe the aeromotive stuff is compatable. A1000/2000

Comment

look at these pricey but worth it

Weldon manufactures winning Fuel Pumps, Regulators & Fuel Filters to meet the most demanding needs of Drag, Street-Legal, Off-Road & Offshore racing worldwide.

Comment

i would go with an aeromotive.

maybe one of the aero guys will jump in here and guide you

Comment

We're testing out a Racepumps fuel pump to see how it does on one of our project cars. The car we're working on is using gas but they're compatible with methanol too. Let me know if you're interested in hearing how it turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer
            We're testing out a Racepumps fuel pump to see how it does on one of our project cars. The car we're working on is using gas but they're compatible with methanol too. Let me know if you're interested in hearing how it turns out.

you cant start something without finishing it of course we want to hear how it turns out man.

Comment

If its a race set up then Magna fuel
              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I hear a lot of problems with drainback and hard starts on EFI racepumps
                HOW ABOUT THE BIG MAGNAFLOW ?? out of budget , but I lust for one
                bg king sumo ? maybe a surge tank for the racepump is the hot setup

Comment

Doc has a BIG Magna Fuel on his with no problems just mount it lower than the tank so it stays full on the push side
                  2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                  First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                  2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                  2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by shaun callaway
                    you cant start something without finishing it of course we want to hear how it turns out man.
                    We'll have a lot of the details up on the website once it's up and running. It's a test mule for a lot more than just Racepumps - we want to do some comparisons between single plane and dual plane intakes, and a lot more. The drainback / hard starting is one issue I've heard of before - we'll see if that is an issue on this one or not.

Comment

Why would anyone run a electric fuel pump in a race car on alky?
                      Run a belt driven mechanical Hilborn or Enderle. Just use some cheapo electric pump to start it and you're good to go.

This one is driving off the drysump but it can be run on it's own. Drive kits are available. I even use them carbs & a return that Moroso makes.

There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

This is for a dual fuel street turbo application ....
                        once the boost is > 4 PSI the gas gets shut off and the methanol comes on.

Comment

The Wheel to Wheel guys had a dual fuel set up on the Nova Kurt Urban had out at DW and Power Tour. I think they were running MagnaFuel pumps. I don't think their set up was an on the fly PSI driven setup though. More like one for track one for street. Others here will know way more than I do.

I have had great success with the Aeromotive filter/pump/regulator set up I'm running with the EMS pro (Megasquirt). I don't have a 7 sec Camaro but the system has gone thousands of street miles and two successive Drag Weeks including the underwater version in '06 without an issue. The Aeromotive stuff is alcohol, E85 etc. compatible.

Are you running dual sets of injectors and fuel rails too? I would think trying to do this on one set would be asking for problems when you hit the cut-over.
                          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

if you run the standard megasquirt/EMSpro combo, you can run batch fire on one bank of injectors on the primary/cruising fuel, and you can run the second bank of injectors on the secondary fuel.

Where the megasquirt beats the other standalones is the "dual VE table" feature that lets you map each bank of injectors to their own VE table. We've done this on a few cars now; you can set the "race gas" VE table to phase in just by ramping up from "0" VE to whatever VE you want, and phase out the "primary fuel" table as the boost/power comes on. On something like a BigStuff, FAST, Electromotive, there's only a "switchover point" which makes tuning a challenge. On a megasquirt/EMS, it's easy to tune and well tested... and simple to understand. For cruising, idling, driving around, the Primary table is doing all the work, and the race fuel VE table is all "zeros" - when you roll the throttle, the race map gets into real VEs and the primary fuel map tapers down to zero (or whatever blend you feel like). With a little work, the transition can be made seamless.

-scott
                            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

For 200lbs per hour you might want to try a GM E85 pump from a V8 truck. Not sure if it will make the 90psi number, but it should cover the 400hp range at 40-60psi and should be possible to find in the bone yard now.

I used Bosch pumps in the Nova that worked very well, but I don't know if they are compatible with methanol.

Kurt

Comment

Working...
                              X