Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is meant by "boiling out a carburator"

Originally posted by antmnte
    I remeber reading someplace you could use toilet bowl cleaner I dont remeber what kind just that you cant leave it in there too long.
    If you are talking about muriatic acid; that is some scary stuff. It will take the green plating right off the carb too. Fumes are pretty dangerous too.

The agitating dip always worked the best, but as usual with the best stuff; it difficult and dangerous to use. Berryman's Chempdip works fine, but wear thick rubber gloves like you get at the grocery store to clean the house. Also don't wear any clothes you like because they will smell like that stuff permanently. I had three set of clothes, shoes included, when I rebuilt carbs for the speed shop. I was known by everyone as "the guy who smells like chempdip". If you get some on your skin, it doesn't really burn, but the smell will be there for a few days. At least, it didn't burn me, but I've been known to use Brake Clean to wash up. Use a decent carb cleaner or even Brake Clean to rinse the Chemdip off. Spray out all holes too. Goggles would be a smart idea too.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X