Can anyone recomend a....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone recomend a....

quality set of hedder gaskets, got my exhaust done today and the pass side is leaking horribly...thanks

Re: Can anyone recomend a....

I use the fel pro blue/gray ones. Keeping the bolts tight is a challenge until they settle in.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I use the felpro also with high temp rtv on mine and retorque everytime I run the valves. Haven't had any leaks in over two seasons.
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

The Fel-Pro's, or if it's an on-going thing, you may try the copper ones.

The trick in most cases, is to keep the header bolts tight.
        That can be tricky, as can access to the offending bolts.

Comment

I use hi temp RTV only, It dosent blow out once it sets up on a clean surface, seals some fairly big gaps too.
          header gaskets are a waste of cash !

Comment

Earl's Pressure Master gaskets are the best! They have a foil insert that goes into an aluminum housing. Retorque once and they are good! Kinda expensive...about 40 bucks...they sealed up my car when others, including the soft aluminum ones, would not seal...I am sold on these!

Comment

Ultra copper, and make a bead tighten with fingers till it skins (45 min)then TQ down. I prefer studs and nuts to bolts
              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

The bolts are tight, I had to use the bolts on one side and studs on the other, would have rather stud on both sides...the side with the bolts is the side with the leak...will try some high temp RTV then work from there....

Comment

again......the bolts are tight....and are very easy to get to so torquing them isnt an issue....I need a beefy gasket, the leak is signifigant

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY
                    again......the bolts are tight....and are very easy to get to so torquing them isnt an issue....I need a beefy gasket, the leak is signifigant
                    Are the flanges warped?

I stand by my recommendation, copper, with sealer. Studs prefferably.

Comment

Originally posted by min301
                      Originally posted by JOES66FURY
                      Are the flanges warped?

I stand by my recommendation, copper, with sealer. Studs prefferably.

brand new hedders....could be thou...gonna give the coppers a try if I can find them local...if not I will double up papers and use some sealer....could be a good temp fix...Thanks Min....

Comment

I use Fel Pros right now, but I've used Mr Gasket's Ultra series with success too. Both stayed sealed for the most part, but with the engine torqueing over causes the rear two bolts to work loose over about 6 months.

A mistake people often make is they buy header gaskets that fit the head ports when they should buy the gaskets that fit the headers flange holes.

If you need to find the leaks; use the vacuum hose stethoscope. Take a length of vacuum line and stick one end in your ear and feel around with the other to find exhaust leaks. Works great and you look like a dork too.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

LMAO...trust me there is no doubt where this leak is comming from, the center 2 tubes on the pass side near the plugs...its blowing so much air its easy to detect...and hear....

Comment

fel pro with stage 8 locking header bolts
                            I see they make copper now , but I don't have a car with headers now

Comment

Got some standad Fel-Pro gaskets...thats all that was availible localy...Doubled them up and the leak is gone, I still have a small one very slight, I think it will seal up after a couple heat cycles..the car sounds nasty..I am in love

Comment

Working...
                              X