Toyota Shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Shifter

Get your giggles now cause I don't ask import Questions often (DON'T own one )Mom's Cressida (95 or something near ) isn't getting juice to the starter due to someone not knowing imports hooking up the battery backwards .So some fusible link must have popped somewhere and I cannot get the car on the trailer to drag it home to figure it out cause the stupid shifter has an inter -lock on it so...if its not getting juice, you can't get it out of park . I did not aprow of this car,had warned her ,if you want my help ever fixing it ,buy a chevyor at least a Gm car so I don't have to Relearn everything every time I touch it.This is what she came home with a few years ago. Sorry for the lenght of the this rant but , remember,it's also a cry for help!

Re: Toyota Shifter

Is there a manual release for the shifter? usually, on the console, there will be a little cutout or piece that you pry up with a screwdriver that lets you stick something like an ink pen into it, to release the shifter. There HAS to be a manual release for it somewhere... keep looking...
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Thanks for the tip. Its 18 miles one way and its sitting in a hot parking lot so....not to fun to go get and fail.

Comment

on the cressida there should be a little key hole around the shifter stick a key in it and it should release the shifter.

what is the year on this car the cressida hasnt been made since 1993.

DESCRIPTION
        This car is equipped with the following devices to prevent inadvertently shifting:

AT selector with shift lock
        Key cylinder with interlocked ignition key
        SHIFT LOCK SYSTEM
        The shift lock system prevents the shift lever from moving to "R" or "D" from the "P" position unless the brake pedal is depressed.
        In case of system malfunction, the shift lever can be released by pushing a key into the release slot near the shift lever.

KEY INTERLOCK SYSTEM
        The ignition key cannot be removed from the ignition switch unless the shift lever is in the "P" position.
        If the key is inserted when the shift lever is in any position other than "P", a solenoid is activated, making it impossible for the key to be removed until the shift lever is moved to the "P" position.

OPERATION

SHIFT LOCK SYSTEM
        Voltage is provided at all times to the key interlock switch. When you push the key in, voltage is provided to the key interlock solenoid, and the interlock control unit. You can then turn the key OFF, and remove it. However, if the AT gear position switch is not in PARK, the interlock control unit will provide ground to the key interlock solenoid, energizing it so the key cannot be removed.

KEY INTERLOCK SYSTEM
        With the ignition switch in RUN or START, voltage is provided to the shift lock solenoid. When the AT gear position switch is in PARK, the transmission control module (TCM) provides voltage to the shift lock circuit, provided the brake pedal is pushed and the throttle is not. Ground is provided to the shift lock solenoid through the AT gear position switch. The solenoid then energizes, releasing the AT gear lever.

Comment

Comment

Comment

lol

shaun's a freak when it comes to alldata
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I was going to say, "Could you be a little more specific....." Wow.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

i love all data, but michell color codes circuits,

Comment

Originally posted by 70.5CAMARO
                    i love all data, but michell color codes circuits,
                    But not always correctly, ask me how I know...

Comment

Just called mom,she says its a 1990.

Comment

we found a mistake in alldata too.., their diagram for Crank Position Sensor wiring on a 2003 5.3 engine is WRONG. that one cost us a few hours of head scratching.

Comment

PS I'm not much on schematics but the picture of the dash helps . Thanks to all . She even tried to break my rule on not bying a front wheel drive car but I lucked out there. It's altually a nice well built car,I just hate having to go on a quest for knowledge everytime I have to work on it!

Comment

Even the manufacturers wiring diagrams can be wrong from time to time.
                            Weird, but true.

Comment

heres some for the 1990 the other was for a 92

Comment

Working...
                              X