Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toyota Shifter

yeah, same here.

I still have some factory manuals, I think.

Comment

Comment

Looks like I should have came home after work instead of stopping at Autozone an ordering a chilton's manual. Most of these diagrams me squat to me BUT, I do have a friend that builds custom electrical devices (used to work at Bell Labs before getting the down sizing ax) and he won't touch anything already built with out them.So my manual doesn't get here till monday.......if he ever gets of the phone I'll have him come here to our site and this thread and get a head start. Thanks you all are super!

Comment

Well ,I can give closure to this hole thing.I got the 24 dollar manual from chilton that my friend required before he would touch it. Then he decided it could wait another day! So my bro-in-law came over and without the manual found that I blew a 100 amp curcit breaker! We tested this by jumping it with a screw driver. Now I've put my battery in (the right way) and the battery light on the dash is still on (while running)so I'm asuming the alternator is bad .(This would be why even after cleaning the batt termnials in the beginning it still died after taking the jumpers off .)Thanks again all for you help and intrest .

Comment

when the car is running take your voltage meter and check what the batt is at and then check and see what your alt is at. or you could remove the alt and take it to your local parts store and the can test it there, make sure they run it more than once to be sure of the results.

now the question that should be coming up is why did it blow the 100 amp fuse? this should be the next task.

Comment

It blew because someone put jumper cables on it backwards i thought?
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

touche Scott good eye.

if this is the case i would go through and check that circuit to make sure you didn't hurt anything else. a volt meter will help you out a bunch.

Comment

Yoda's generally don't run without a battery hooked up.

Comment

I'm pretty confident that it's a bad alternator since it wasn't getting enough juice to keep it running before the backwards battery hook up . Now I 'm just waiting on the alternator to come in $ 124 for a rebuild . Let you all know how it goes tomorrow after 5pm.

Comment

Working...
                    X