D.G..... Tell me more about the Ecotec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D.G..... Tell me more about the Ecotec

I've been working on a Nissan 240sx coupe for a little while now but I'm in the process of moving in a new house. It is at a buddies house and I have been doing some body work, with the intentions of swapping in an LS1. I am in the house now and ready to move the car here and get the ball rolling. The discussions in the " why kids buy Japanese cars" thread has got me thinking turbo Ecotec. ? I want to find some resources on this swap or engine. Can you point me in the direction of a forum or website devoted to this engine? And, yes, I have Googled and searched with little luck. Thanks in advance for any information.

Scott

Re: D.G..... Tell me more about the Ecotec

chevy sells the 'ECOTEC COOK BOOK "
    I will find you a source

Comment

part number
      they used to give it away at sport compact events

Comment

There are online and magazine articles about the Keisler adapter and clutch setup, but I couldn't find the parts listed on their website or catalogs. Chad has the hookup with Keisler so I am asking him to help me figure this out when he gets done at Speedweek.

GM has published a handful of books on various Ecotec topics. It is truly an import killer! Precast piston squirters, etc. for big boost applications.

Here's a hard-to-find-via-google link on a GM blog site that has a few books you can download, although not the part number described above - you WANT to get your hands on that one also!

-scott
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the info. I'm going back and forth on the swap. I know the LS1 swap has been done to death, which is good cuz all the info is out there. I'm not afraid of cuttin weldin and cramin stuff if that's what it takes to go fast as well as be different.
          Scott

Comment

Great to see this thread. I'm hoping GM comes out with a turbo set-up for the HHR 2.2 Ecotech. Ours is a cool little car but needs a bit more in the mountains. It's ME's car and doesn't need 13 lbs of boost - just enough to ease it over the hills w/o downshifting, which is annoying.

We'll see what evolves
            Dan

Comment

Working...
            X