X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeffMcKC
    replied
    Re: 400 OR 350?

Well you should be able to get there easy with a 400, you are not driving a land barge, lighten the car and all motor Malibu's run ok :

Leave a comment:

• GO OR BLOW RACING
    replied

Its 78 malibu. i dont spray the he$$ out of it. Ive been running the motor for 4 years sprayn for 2years. it hasnt seen but 150shot. I jus been running the he$$ out of it theres a diffrence.lol!

Leave a comment:

• JeffMcKC
    replied

It depends on the boat its in if you had to spray the hell out of it to get it there you may not make it with a 400 either. If the 383 was close and you figure picking up 1.6 or 1.7 HP for cube then you will know how close you will be. The 406 should get you there unless the boat is a barge.

Leave a comment:

• GO OR BLOW RACING
    replied

Sorry bout that! ;D

Leave a comment:

• Freiburger
    replied

DITCH THE CAPS LOCK, PLEASE

Meanwhile, the difference in freshening your 383 versus building a 400 is in the price of the block and pistons (and perhaps some machine work). You need to buy rings, bearings, gaskets anyway, and everything else from your 383 will work on the 400. Cubes are always better.

Leave a comment:

• GO OR BLOW RACING
    started a topic 400 OR 350?

400 OR 350?

IM THINKING OF BUILDING A NEW MOTOR FOR NEXT SEASON. I HAVE A 383 NOW THAT HAS LASTED 4 YEARS OF HE$$! IT STILL RUNS GREAT NO SMOKE GOOD OIL PRESSURE. I RUN 7.00HEADS UP1/8TH MILE I SPRAY IT TO DO SO. IM TRYIN TO GET AWAY FROM THE SPRAY TO RUN THE CLASS BUT WANT THE SPRAY FOR INSURANCE. I THOUGHT ABOUT A 400 BUT COULD SAVE A LIL BY FRESHING UP MY MOTOR AN GO BIGGER CAM AND CARB. ANY SUGGESTIONS OR COMMENTS WELCOMED!
Working...
X