Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have an SBC roller cam I could borrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have an SBC roller cam I could borrow?

Looking for a .900 base circle roller cam approximately 270* / 276* @ .050 on a 110-112* LSA (a little bigger would be fine) to use for crank / rod clearancing.

All I would be doing with the cam is clearancing my rotating assembly when I build the shortblock to clear a bigger cam if it turns out I need one. My current cam (the one I will install) is 260/266* on a 110 LSA.

I would pay for two way shipping and send it back in as good or better condition than I got it.

Thanks!

Re: Anyone have an SBC roller cam I could borrow?

Sorry Eric have a couple big block cams but no S/B. I will give my buddy a yell later tonight and see what he has if no one else can help ya out.

Comment

I have one in Spring Lake but its a solid roller 240's/250's @50 .600 lift 112 lobe center

Comment

Thanks Clutch, I have a 250* and a 260* cam now.

Thanks 67RS/SS. I'm going to ask some local guys tonight and see what they have layin' around too. Should be able to find something between car junkies and the local racers.

Comment

Sorry Eric the only solid roller I have is in my motor. But it does have 270/278 duration at .050. But then it's on a 103 LSA.

Comment

103* :o :o Wow -- is your power band peaky? Just curious how it runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric68
              103* :o :o Wow -- is your power band peaky? Just curious how it runs.
              I couldn't tell you how it runs since I'm not done with the car. But on the 3 different desktop dynos that I have ran the numbers on, all of them put power output at about 625+hp with it all coming in by 6300rpm. By the way it is a 406, and the cam is installed at an intake centerline of 99*.

Comment

I've got a 274 282 on a 114 with .475 lobe lift but it is on a std base circle. Call if you need it. 615 210-7174

Comment

Thanks! Will see what I can scroung up. Shoot, if that cam fits, pretty much anything would LOL

Comment

I have a 276ish /291 @ 114 I think eric if you need it let me know
                    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

What base circle is that cam on Jeff? If .900 (or close) I might just take you up on your offer.

Is Drag Week over? How did it go?

Comment

its .900 yeah its over LOL

I killed it, when the rear tires came off the ground I had shifted to second, and it was still over 8000 and it tipped left. so I saved the rods but killed the car. On the bright side you can make power with the 4 inch stroke LMAO

Comment

Bummer Jeff. Way to drag that bumper though. At least you didn't go out for some cheesy reason on the side of the highway. Time for wheelie bars :D

I'll shoot you a PM with my address if you don't mind loaning me that cam. I appreciate it and will reimburse your shipping costs quickly.

Comment

There ya go Eric told you Jeff would have a big cam for ya.

Comment

Like always Eric anything to help

Comment

Working...
                              X