Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: rajay turbo sbc stuff I picked up at yard sale

Mis-information on the interweb is bad.
    Worse are those that do know passing bad info to the newbies.
    There are huge distances between my racecar & others, and a DYI street set-up.

Comment

Most likely you stress things just a tad more than a low boost street setup that runs on premium unleaded. I also bet you don't use 25 year old turbos!

Comment

i think that's what's going on here. my car for instance has a t6 frame turbocharger that will move 1068 lb/minute of air. the inertia of big wheels + big boost + no bov = bad. if i were only running 3-5 psi with a 60mm turbo a bov would be much less important. i think we're just from different worlds with what we're looking for from our turbochargers. me and robert are forever online at turbomustangs.com, over there 9 second daily driven street cars are the norm. the guy here says he is only looking for 400hp, and with the amount of boost (very little ) required to reach that goal he would probably be ok. if it were mine i'd run a bov just the same because it makes a carb a little easier to tune at idle if you set your bov up to be open at idle, also as a prevenative measure, kind of like taking vitamin c. you never really know that it kept you from getting sick, but it can't hurt.

Comment

Working...
        X