hilborn mechanical fuel injection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hilborn mechanical fuel injection?

Awesome post nitroLX - thanks for the info.

I have seen one Mechanical FI car that is streetable, on gasoline AND alky... actually it runs two separate systems, gasoline to warm up and stage, alky for a pass, then back to gas during shutdown.

The hubers in St. Louis built it and, even I as an EFI guy, marvel at how great this thing runs. Papa Jon (Huber) told me it took a LOT of work and tuning to get to run so good.
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Re: hilborn mechanical fuel injection?

i'm supprised i haven't heard of any E85 mechanial systems yet.
      the main problem the way i see it IS the lack of signal. you have to do all the thinking for it.
      the barrel valve usually has a "V" or a "U" cut in it, but i've seen some old school ones that have had holes drilled in them that were supposedly used for gasoline on the street. the holes were for the idle returns at partial throttle.
      so i could see how it might work.
      the biggest problem i see is pump selection. most people use too big a pump, and use -8 return lines. a -8 without a jet will only flow around .140 anyway (depending on the exact pressure) so they try to get rid of say, 5 gallons and put a .180 jet in and don't notice any difference.
      the best way to do it, is to use a small pump, shrink the nozzels down to maintain pressure, and return less to the tank. a smaller pump will "spool up" faster too.
      although some guys still use pneumatics (yes's, nots, ect) to control the high speed, i say they are to complicated.
      i would suggest a timed air pressure regulator http://www.electrimotion.com/index.htm and a BDK valve.
      this would even take the place of the main pill and you can have 3 settings or fuel curves.
      any kind of data recorder that has two flow-meters and egt's would help out alot and save lots of time.
      Originally posted by TC
      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Working...
      X