Th400 from a Rolls Royce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Th400 from a Rolls Royce

Just one pic of a th400 from a RR i took 15 years ago.Me and a friend was in sweden,and came over a place where they did maintenance and restoration on RR and other high dollar cars.

I was reminded of it when i read one of the threads here.

Looks a lot diffrent than their GM ones.

Re: Th400 from a Rolls Royce

Hmm, the spacing on those top bolts, I wonder what swap has occured more frequently, GM into a rolls
    or vice-versa...

Comment

Thats actually not a 400 but a old Hydramatic. Rolls Royce used them in the early 60's.

Comment

yeah, that IS a lot different than any TH400!

(and different from the domestic Hydro, which used stamped steel covers instead of cast aluminum, and a cast iron bellhousing).
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

:-[.We were told it was a Rolls trans,so i guessed it was a 400.Didnt know they used hydramatic before the 400..

Learning something new every day,but then.When am i supposed to use THIS information?..hehe.

Comment

Lincoln used the old Hydro also. And Checker used the CruiseOMatic with a Chevy bellhousing!

there's a lot to know, don't be embarrassed.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

You never know when some little tidbit if info will be useful - to someone.

If memory serves (hey, I'm old!), those were the transmissions that Rolls used to power the brakes as well as acting as the trans. They tapped into the oil pressure of the trans and used it like a hydro boost type system. A friend has a '58RR, and I guess the brake system is a bugger to fix.

Interesting photo
              Dan

Comment

Working...
              X