Ok! suggestion on heads an cam!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok! suggestion on heads an cam!

i run the dart iron eagles. 215 intake runner 2.05 1.60 valves in my 383 and the comp cams nos hyd cam shaft. 507 528 2800 to 6800 range. Roller? Nos cam? Solid? Hyd? What do u guys think for the 400?

Re: Ok! suggestion on heads an cam!

you're going to need to give more info, compression, fuel, gears, weight, trans/converter. intended use..

Comment

78 malibu 3500lbs?. ??? 114-116octane 488 gears. 7.00 heads up racing. 11.1 to 13.1 cpr. does this help? want be able to run 6.80 on motor. 1/8thmile. car will have some nos ;D!

Comment

powerglide pro brake.1.76 8in converter(PTC) ;D

Comment

maybe a little out of my league, but I'd guess about a 112 LSA, 108 ICL & 265-270 @050" solid roller with as much lift as you can find (650?). I haven't ever done 1/8 mile so it's a shot in the dark maybe somebody else will comment with a better suggestion. With that gas I would say get the compression up there though. Also that seems like a small converter for the juice, maybe it won't drive though it with speeds only reaching just over a 100? mph and those low gears.

let me run this on a sim, I'll be back..

ok, well the desktop dyno said some funny numbers and like they say about computer programs, junk in, junk out. I'm not even going to post what it said, maybe somebody with 1/8 mile experience will comment.

Comment

I would go for even short LSA - like 104 degrees on a 400. With all that gear it will make more peak power. The iron eagles are a tad smaller that I would have gone on a 400 (I would have gone with the 230cc intake ports) but probably would be better for the heavy malibu with the 2 speed glide.

I would go with a solid roller, 265ish @ 50 duration with a real fast acting lobe, and let the lift fall where it may. You will need a rocker girdle at least.

Comment

the 215's are on my 383 now. i may go with the 230 darts. ive been looking at the motown 220. thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerRick
                I would go for even short LSA - like 104 degrees on a 400.
                do you mean LSA or ICL? a 104 LSA would seem awfully peaky to me, but on an eighth mile I guess? but with juice I don't know. don't let this sound off please, i'm just learning more.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerRick
                  I would go for even short LSA - like 104 degrees on a 400. With all that gear it will make more peak power. The iron eagles are a tad smaller that I would have gone on a 400 (I would have gone with the 230cc intake ports) but probably would be better for the heavy malibu with the 2 speed glide.

I would go with a solid roller, 265ish @ 50 duration with a real fast acting lobe, and let the lift fall where it may. You will need a rocker girdle at least.
                  I'll agree with Rick here. I have a 406 with about 13:1 compression and run a Crower solid roller with 303/312, 270/[email protected], .675/.675 lift, with a 103 LSA. And for a 1/8th mile car a short LSA is the way to go.

Comment

Working...
                  X