Carburetor Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Carburetor Poll

Holley by far. I've yet to see a car that didn't perform better (power and reaction - hell with economy) with a Holley than with anything else. Proform/QuickFuel/Demon are basically the same thing but IMO don't perform as well as a Holley HP.

Comment

3310 is hard to beat and double pumpers can't be beat!!!

Comment

Holley on the track, Ed on the street. I like the QuickFuel stuff and get a lot of parts from them, but the billet metering blocks seem to be hit and miss on waking up a Holley.

Comment

Holley and Holley style carbs for the track. Great tunability, but gaskets below fuel level and sensitivity to weather makes the race style carbs need constant tuning. Their vacumn secondary single pumpers seem much less sensitive.

Edelbrock/Carters for the street. Set them and forget them.

I have been messing with Q-jets recently and in general, I don't like them. Been trying to get one running right on my 57' and its just not happening. I am going to run a crappy adaptor plate and a holley 1850 since I have one. Should have kept one of the Edelbrocks I had.

Comment

I like the Thermoquads. Call me weird (well, weirder) but I have always liked the tunability, fuel mileage and performance of the big spreadbores. It is also way cool to lift off the hood on the Road Runner and look at everyone's expression when they see that big phenolic body on the carb.

Ron
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I hate q-jet. Cant wait to replace the one on my Elco with a 600 afb carter. Melt the q-j to make more Edlebrocks. If only I had the cash for an Edlebrock. At least the freebie carter is rebuilt and ready for service.
              Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Working...
              X