Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenco ST 1200

Hello
    I was wondering if anyone has used one of these on the street? how they fit in the car, how much heat they give off and how well they hold up/work?
    I may be looking for one later, I don't have much room though with the vette. I can cut the tunnel some but it is just not that wide between the seats , depending on how big they are at the driveshaft
    I have not really seen any for sale used either. I have been keping my eye open on racingjunk.com
    thanks
    Tom

Re: Lenco ST 1200

I built a car where the customer already had one.

As for fit....
    The first/reverse section is in the rear and tapers pretty quick but, still large in comparison to a typical auto. Overall length of course depends on how many shifts you want. A typical 4 gear box is pretty darn long.

Couldn't comment on heat as I didn't make any really long trips. Supposedly a pump can be hooked up to circulate fluid through a cooler. You'd need to check with Lenco on that.

In the end....
    It wasn't really good for his specific combination but, did hold up fairly well. On the chassis dyno I pushed 1000 ft' lbs to the back tires and it was holding up in high gear. I made some low 9 second passes on it without issue at 3500lbs. Biggest complaints are going to be a decent clutch that'll keep up with it (I smoked a sintered iron disc with all the weight in on a RAM clutch) They're noisy as heck too.

One thing I'll say about Lenco is their guys/service are excellent IMO.

Comment

#1 for Lenco Service and help also!

Comment

Sorry for my late reply. Thanks very much for the info
        I did not realize they where noisy. The room a four speed would take up may be the limiting factor. Even if I remade the tunnel I don/t know if there is enough room
        take care
        Tom

Comment

I have an older 3 speed lenco (CS1) behind a bruno if you need a measurement from the mid plate back. I know a few people racing with them and thats one of the few parts they have never tore up.

Comment

Originally posted by henny496

I did not realize they were noisy.

With sounds like a majestic magnificent mellifluous melodius mechanical quadrasonic concerto!! ----

Comment

Working...
            X