Fitting a 295-65-15 drag radial in a 68 Camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fitting a 295-65-15 drag radial in a 68 Camaro

Wish I would have known when the quarters were being redone! Cant Trim with new paint and quarters. :oWhen I talked to the guy tha painted it this year he looked at me like I was crazy :D LOL

Comment

We can cut behind that chrome, and 3 m it back to the car, they will never know ;)
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Your a bad influence!

Comment

Yes he is ;D ;D Cant you use velcro?

Comment

Andy had a bad experiance with some pharachute pants and velrco, stick with the 3M ;)
            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Dam Jeff who told you! :-[

Comment

Thanks Andy -- I know Garret (40Coupe) and he is running the 30x9 Hoosier Drag Radial slick on a 10" wheel. He tried a 275-60-15 DOT Hoosier radial which measured the same 12.25 cross section width just shorter which is sort of where I got the idea to go to a taller tire. I always assumed he had a mini-tub -- but I should ask.

By the way, nice looking 67 :D I like that stance with the 295. Doesn't sit too high in back either. Trimming that lip might just work if its hitting at the top of the wheel opening. I trimmed a friend's 69 and you can't even tell that I took almost 1/2" off.

PS. The original trim is actually stainless steel so if you cut or sand it won't rust.

Comment

Eric the tire rubbed in the front and back but never on top it caught the trim in the back and pulled it from the wheel well up and around.The picture is before I raised it 3" in the rear to make clearence.

Comment

FYI -- Garret "massaged the wheel opening with a plastic hammer and reinstalled the molding."

I might just look into this option :D

Comment

yeah I looked at them and until he pointed it out I couldn't tell. I just don't think where mine were rubbing with the 10" tire it would have changed much.
                      But try it and let me know how it works out for you and maybe I will give it a try! ;)

Comment

Working...
                      X