Question about MT DRAG RADIALS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about MT DRAG RADIALS

After I put 315's on my Coronet my son inherited my 275's for his Duster. After 3 passes on them on the Duster he slowed from 12.40's to 12.80's and 60 ft dropped from 1.70's to 1.90's. I probably had 30 ten second passes on them. They are down to the wear indicators now, are they gone? Thought I read somewhere that they give up all at once,could this be the case?

Re: Question about MT DRAG RADIALS

You can run them way past the wear indicators.

Comment

Did he do anything with tire pressure? Common mistake with these tires IMO is to run them too low like bias ply slicks. They usually like mid to high teens for air pressure.

Comment

We started out on 18 because they are on a 10 inch wheel. We tried 16 after losing 60 foot and it stayed the same.

Comment

I noticed on my BFG's that at 18 psi only the outer treads were getting hot and the center was cupping. I had to go to at least 22 psi to prevent it.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
            I noticed on my BFG's that at 18 psi only the outer treads were getting hot and the center was cupping. I had to go to at least 22 psi to prevent it.
            that is recommended BARGE tire pressure LOL

Comment

Ssshhhhh! Not so loud. My car is very sensitive about people making fun of it's weight. I got it down to 3890# when I empty it's trunk.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Your car has a great personality. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                  Ssshhhhh! Not so loud. My car is very sensitive about people making fun of it's weight. I got it down to 3890# when I empty it's trunk.
                  I ran my first 9 second pass at right around that weight on drag radials ;D

Comment

Are they spinning or shaking if they are spinning they dont have enough side wall with the strech of the wheel and the air pressure up that high for the amought of bite the car aand shocks are set for
                    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

They are spinning, you can actually here them squeeling. Jeff you are saying less air to get them closer to sitting on the sidewalls? Like 14ish...

Comment

I only run 13 Lbs in mine..... Seem to work best there for me. But my car is only 2700#. I have ran 9.89@147 on mine. 275/60/15. I ran mine on the street until I could see a stripe down the middle LOL...... Testing, testing, testing.....

Rudy

Comment

i run them until they are bald at 15 lbs. they have always hooked the same throughout their life.

Comment

Originally posted by 6pakdakota
                            i run them until they are bald at 15 lbs. they have always hooked the same throughout their life.
                            Same here, I run them until they are bald and then some, and they still hook the same as new. Of course my car only runs high 12's. Sixty foot is pretty decent for the ET, it does 1.81 sixty foot running 12.91 ET with stock suspension. I can out sixty foot many a faster street car, then I run out of horsepower and they pass me, lol.

My car hooks best with them at 19# though. It's also heavy for an A-body, 3,600 pounds.

Comment

i run(ran??) 14 lbs in my 275-50-15 Bfg's on 8" in wheels. hooked good enough that the drivers side axle said "I am outtie " :o
                              Charles

Comment

Working...
                              X