Ford 2.3l turbo??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford 2.3l turbo??

Anyone ever play with these things?I bought a 88 Turbocoupe and transplanting the drive train ito an 87 'Stang convertable for my fiance'.I know it's going to be a pretty simple bolt in deal,but once it's up and running what are people using for scan/tuning devices.Does anyone make an adjustable fuel regulator and custom chips?

Eventual goals is to make it handle like it's on rails and runs some high 12's at the strip.

Re: Ford 2.3l turbo??

The SVO stuff cam with a adj fuel reg.
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Ranger Cam, E6 head, ported exhaust mani or header, boost controller and tuning. Those things can FLY!

Comment

You're probably going to want to talk to dieselgeek on this one. He works/worked on the Huber Mustang, a car running into the 8s with the 2.3. I don't know if you're familiar, it's been featured a few places and talked about often. It was also one of HOT ROD's top 10 cars for 2007. Here's a 9-second run: http://youtube.com/watch?v=SMFDISAic4U

Comment

Originally posted by 72_Ventura
          You're probably going to want to talk to dieselgeek on this one. He works/worked on the Huber Mustang, a car running into the 8s with the 2.3. I don't know if you're familiar, it's been featured a few places and talked about often. It was also one of HOT ROD's top 10 cars for 2007. Here's a 9-second run: http://youtube.com/watch?v=SMFDISAic4U
          I'm very familiar with that car,use the MMFF article to talk my Fiance into this build ;D

Comment

My friend used to have a 87 tc. It wasn't even a low buck build, more like a no buck build. All he did was open up the exhaust and intake, bump the fuel pressure and crank up the boost. The stock turbo maxed out at 18psi. It ran low 15's at I think 93mph. That car was a tank though, it didn't go that bad for how heavy it was. And it was alot of fun with the 5 speed ;D

Comment

Check out www.turboford.org ... you should find all of your info there.

cheers
              Ed N.
              Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
              07 Mustang GT with some stuff
              88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

A local put one in a pinto...

10.80's

Comment

Originally posted by fast Ed
                  Check out www.turboford.org ... you should find all of your info there.

cheers
                  Ed N.
                  Thanks

Comment

For lots of turbo info check out.

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/

Comment

Originally posted by QuarterHorse
                      Ranger Cam, E6 head, ported exhaust mani or header, boost controller and tuning.

with a little chip tuning, which you can have someone else do for cheap, plus the above options - and if you can score a Holset HY35 or HX35 turbo and matching exh manifold, 450-500hp at the crank on stock internals is no problem, and they'll live a long time too.

turboford.org, as stated above is a great palce for detailed info: for excellent general knowledge and "getting up to speed" it's tough to beat the Turbo forums also!! (formerly turbomustangs.com but it was just too good to cater to mustangs). Check out some of the Junkyard turbo section, just don't go for the blowthru carb stuff. lol.

-scott
                      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                        Originally posted by QuarterHorse
                        Ranger Cam, E6 head, ported exhaust mani or header, boost controller and tuning.
                        Those little 2.3s are like an anvil. They still race them in mini sprints around here. I have been wanting to turbo one up, too many projects, not enough green. :-\

with a little chip tuning, which you can have someone else do for cheap, plus the above options - and if you can score a Holset HY35 or HX35 turbo and matching exh manifold, 450-500hp at the crank on stock internals is no problem, and they'll live a long time too.

turboford.org, as stated above is a great palce for detailed info: for excellent general knowledge and "getting up to speed" it's tough to beat the Turbo forums also!! (formerly turbomustangs.com but it was just too good to cater to mustangs). Check out some of the Junkyard turbo section, just don't go for the blowthru carb stuff. lol.

-scott

Comment

Ive got about 6 sitting around there tough as nails.

Comment

my best friend bought a loaded 85 bird new and put 161 k on it without a problem. he got into mark 7s and it sat outside for the last 10 years.
                            he gave it to me 2 yrs ago and I finally brought it home. put a fresh battery and the damn thing started with the old gas in it. :o
                            after some brake work, it will be my d/d. plans for some small mods such as a 3 in down pipe , a gillig boost valve and a ranger cam and I have audi intercooler for it.
                            Doug
                            Reading , Pa
                            Good Guys rodders rep.
                            "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                            Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

HUBER STORY...

SO I walk around the corner at Drag week... just about to the starting line and I look up and what do I see.... the Entire TOP of the Huber Mustang... Literally... the WHOLE DANG roof Nose and Deck lid... the thing was on it's bumper... Incredible wheel stand... don't remember what it ran that pass... but I was totally stunned... didn't know it had a 4 banger at the time...

these are Great guys... very nice and very sedate... on the surface

K

Comment

Working...
                              X