schubeck solid roller lifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: schubeck solid roller lifters

you do kinda resemble billy bob thornton.......................

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC
      I would go back with the new Red Zones

Needle bearings are not good on Drag Week
      anyone have a connection so i can get them for less than 850$ ??

Comment

;D ;D

Comment

Jeff
          DG Machine
          JRacing Products
          Auburn, WA.
          425-327-0810
          *Your Direct Connection to Top Name Sportsman Drag Race Components *

Try here he priced them to me for 650.00

But I have not ordered them yet
          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I kinda feel bad for poor Schubeck as his stuff has been banned from just about any form of racing except bracket stuff. On the other hand he tried to say his bearingless roller lifters were revolutionary and I just put a set of oem ones on a 71 landrover.

Comment

i got a response from joe to this e-mail.

hi Joe,
              i have a set of roller x keyway solid lifters i installed new in my bbc. five of them have apparently started skidding and have damaged lobes. i found this fairly early and none of them have progressed far enough for the lifter bodies to come in contact with the lobe surface, though the cam is ruined. none of the rollers is broken, but there is damage to one roller, what appears to be a worn groove, and some flaking of the ceramic material from the edge of the groove.

i have measured the overall length of all of the lifters, 11 are within a few thousandths of each other, the five from the damaged lobes are shorter than the rest by varying amounts. the worst is approx .030"

there is no damage to the base circle of any of the lobes.
              the damage to the cam lobes seems evenly distributed over the nose of the cam with no noticeable difference from one side to the other.

this engine is a big cubic inch street/drag race engine. i used it to participate in the Hot Rod Drag Week, event. at the time i found this problem i had 12 passes and 450 miles on this engine. i had the intake off after it was dyno'd, before installing it in the car and saw nothing wrong.

.824/.799 @ 294deg comp 948 springs 290 on seat, approx 850 open pressure.
              new dart block, all the lifters moved smoothly in their bores on removal.

i cant find any reason for this to have happened.

thanks,
              Houston Alford.
              Amite, LA

Houston, sorry about the late reply and especially about your problems with the lifters. We have had some problems with the BBC roller lifters with most of it having to do with the links. The problems led to a breakup of the Schubeck Racing partnership and an unsuccessful buyout of my partner. As a result of these problems I was forced to close the doors and liquidate the company assets. After one year of being closed, I have not yet decided to reopen, but if I do, I will revisit many situations such as yours and do what I can.

Joe

Comment

That makes it all better now doesnt it :
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Houston hopes Santa can quit smoking! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC
                    That makes it all better now doesnt it :
                    yep, lets put nice words in one hand and crap in the other and see which fills up first...................

Comment

Working...
                    X