565 chevy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 565 chevy

i am currently working on a 565 chevy. 4.600 bore x 4.250 stroke. it has cnc ported brodix bb2x heads with a jesel rocker setup. it is also only 8.5:1 compression ratio. it will be a solid roller cam but I have not pich out a cam yet. just looking for some ideas on the cam and how much power you guys think i can make with this without boost or nitrous. thanks

Re: 565 chevy

Without boost, why such a low compression. You can easily run 9.5 with aluminum heads on cheapy gas. It will add HP very easily.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I ran my 540 n\a for break in. With 8.4 comp and a 254/248 .700ish lift 115 lobe sep solid roller from Cammotion, afr 345cc heads, and a team g with a 830 holley it made 603hp@5800 and 625 ftlbs@3900. It was pulling vac at the top end. the dyno operator said it would probably pick up 30hp or so with a 1000hp carb.

Now add 25psi and the hp nearly triples. It ran out of turbo at 25psi(working on fixing that right now ;)). The best it made was 1477 to the tires in testing.

How are you going to add the boost? turbo, procharger, roots? I think you know my preference ;D

Comment

i plan on running turbos later on. the engine originally had a 14-71 blower before i bought it (it went low 8's in larry larsons car during the first drag week). i have a 6-71 blower, but i think it would be a waste of time using it. it is probably too small to make any boost. so until i can afford the turbos, i just want to run on 87 octane.

Comment

Nice wankle

I will be doing a 510 bbc TT motor soon too for my Silverado

Comment

You can use the cam to trap the air if you get a custom grind, then change it for you turbo, dont get fooled by the low static comp, its cylinder pressure your after and that can be gained threw the camshaft valve timing events.
            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Like Jeff said aboveuse the camto your adbanvtage. Run atight lobe separation and advance the heck out of it. Until you switch to forced induction I'd probably start with something like a 288/294 on a 107-108 and install it early at 101-102. It'll fall over early but it's the best way to make cylinder pressure. You've really got to check p-v on a cam like that though as it gets really tight running a cam that size anywhere under 110lsa on a shelf stock piston.

Comment

thanks for the advice

Comment

Working...
                X