Trans Am leaf springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans Am leaf springs

I want to buy my brother a set of leaf springs for his TA its a black and gold 77. Any way my question is where and what brand should I buy? I looked at Eaton and right now they are my choice but is there a alternative? Something I might be able to get locally? I know the stock ones should be 4 leaf and it seem the replacements are 5,that would make the rear sit higher right? He wants it stock height.

Re: Trans Am leaf springs

I have not seen this answered, so I'll jump in. Eaton is supposed to be quite the source for springs, and I would guess they supply a number of the suppliers, if not close to all. My suggestion would be to check out a few web sites such as Year One, Vette Brakes & Products and Guldstrand. Do a Google search - the sites will pop up. You do want to match spring rates front and rear, and that's just a start.

Comment

I asked a similar question earlier this year:

I'm thinking I will be going with the 4-leaf and some good shocks.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Dont be afraid to check your local yellow pages. My buddy found a local supplies for the rear leafs for a 78 Nova cheaper than anyone else and they had correct number of leafs.
        Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Working...
        X