No announcement yet.

Holley 770 Street Avenger....opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holley 770 Street Avenger....opinions?

Hey guys I'm wondering does anyone run the 770 street avenger if so, what so you all think? I had a old Holley 3310 series on my mild 440, but it is having real issues. I've heard some good things, so I thought I'd ask a few opinioons on here.

Mike

Re: Holley 770 Street Avenger....opinions?

hey, the sa holleys in my view are just very expensive vac sec. your 3310 can be rebuilt and you can add the rear metering block and jets. you can also add the quick change spring kit also. all this can be done to a 3310 new and still cost less than the sa with the same preformance. in my experience with the rear metering block kits, the jets holley recomends seemed to be a little rich. also the diffrence between 770 and 750 cfm is nil.
    -vic
    if you rebuild tho old holley use only holley kits, other kits can cause problems.

Comment

I bought one for my sbc 400 aabout 2yrs ago. I haven't had any problems with it. The price wasn't that much more and it woke the engine up tremendously.

Comment

Thanks guys

Mike

Comment

I got one of these going on my 422 SB Dodge, haven't run it yet but from what I've heard it's good for HP street reliability. Plus isn't it flow rated? 770cfm wet vs 750 dry flow is much higher than a 20 cfm increase. I think anyways.

Tom

Comment

we did a interesting 3 way test on a superflow 901 with out of the box carbs on a 383 sbc.Top was the 770 street avenger,2nd was the holley 750 vac sec and last by a mile was an edelbrock 750.Edelbrock lost 50hp from 5500 up.. ???The other 2 where within 10hp... We made sure that there was the same temp and water vapour in the room.
            This was out of the box.For sure they could have been adjusted to be closer but we wanted to see how good they were without any work,which is how most folks use them...

Comment

LOL, This is good to hear because i pulled the trigger and bought one!

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X